MH-AMC-Mesospheric

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: MH-AMC-Mesospheric

Post by OjitroC »

Terraniux wrote:... nothing but crashes so far :sad2:
Yes, it's a real pity because it's such a great looking map. I got crashes (hangs) fairly soon on in the two games I've played thus far, first using D3D9 (DrawWorldAnomoly hang) and then OpenGL (log just cut off).
Terraniux
Masterful
Personal rank: Banished member

Post by Terraniux »

OjitroC wrote:
Terraniux wrote:... nothing but crashes so far :sad2:
Yes, it's a real pity because it's such a great looking map. I got crashes (hangs) fairly soon on in the two games I've played thus far, first using D3D9 (DrawWorldAnomoly hang) and then OpenGL (log just cut off).
If you or anyone else could figure out why It would be great. For days it's bugging me out, I can't find the source of these crashes. Everytime it's a different kind of error. :barf:
This member can only post when permitted.
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

Have you not an older version from which you can start again? The (first) beta I played did not crashed here and it could be played well in general.

Package "BBoyShars" was not included. I take a version from another installation.
My try of the last map version ended with a crash (see picture). I played only the first two isles, local not dedicated.
The issue with the lamp light is not solved here (see last post from me).
The Pawn-Shadows are little bit dark for my taste, but this is an individual thing...
Attachments
Crash
Crash
error.jpg (65.41 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

well this just great. first the map gives problems, now my pc won't start up. the main SSD OS drive has given the ghost. :wth:
Just got back from school.
Typing this on my laptop from school. So reparing and reinstalling my computer will be my occupation this week.... :omfg:

I was planning for a quick- hotfix tonight. but that seems out of the question now too.

Guessing this is it. Hopefully some people manage to play it without this nasty hidden bugger. Can't figure it out.

Have fun.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

wow bummer... hope you recover your PC...

I was going mention I have a conflict with BBoyShare.u --

mine = February ‎08, ‎2005 and 178 KB (183,190 bytes)

yours = ‎July ‎24, ‎2015 and 173 KB (177,417 bytes)

There's a size difference - will the map still work if I keep the old file?

I tend to not overwrite existing files...
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Aldebaran
Masterful

Post by Aldebaran »

I have the 177,417 bytes version installed long time now and had never problems.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

Aldebaran wrote:I have the 177,417 bytes version installed long time now and had never problems.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Aldebaran wrote:I have the 177,417 bytes version installed long time now and had never problems.
I can also confirm never seen another version.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

Hey - I have to say this is an awesome MH map! It's fun and stylish and not as impossible as some MH maps when it comes to swarms.

I know some peeps are reporting some glitches, but I did three playthroughs with no fatal crashes just a bit of glitchiness:
- some weird gravity in places
example: got hit by titan stone which knocked me up in the air - i could then air-control to the udam - which was otherwise unreachable from the ground !?
- a bot bouncing on the pulse rifle, team running a pattern near the shockrifle making it hard to get the gun... maybe you could add a few more nodes there?
- a LOT of monsters on the third "island" - took forever to kill the queen and then the warlord - lost two of my team, lol!
- the tree meshes were flicking and and off quite a bit...
- the jumppad under the gasbag room in the third "island" didn't seem to launch me correctly - i kept hitting my head. did get through though...

The last match I played with 4 bots and two even made it with me to the very end - which was quite satisfying. Nice gameplay.
Don't know if your intention - felt a bit like minecraft in some places?

Nice job!
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

FraGnBraG wrote: I know some peeps are reporting some glitches, but I did three playthroughs with no fatal crashes just a bit of glitchiness:
Certainly agree about the map's awesomeness but would like to know how you did that. :)

I just tried the map again, this time with no mutators and with 5 bots (I just watched what happened) and got the same kind of crash but this time much more immediate, no freezing - with this in the log
Spoiler
ScriptWarning: Invalid object index -1335174913
Warning: Invalid object index -1335174913
Critical: UObject::GetFullName
Critical: UObject::IsValid
Critical: UStruct::CleanupDestroyed
Critical: (Class BBoyShars.B_JumperWaveEffect)
Critical: CleanupRefs
Critical: ULevel::CleanupDestroyed
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UXC_GameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: XC_MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Terraniux
Masterful

Post by Terraniux »

FraGnBraG wrote:Hey - I have to say this is an awesome MH map! It's fun and stylish and not as impossible as some MH maps when it comes to swarms.

I know some peeps are reporting some glitches, but I did three playthroughs with no fatal crashes just a bit of glitchiness:
- some weird gravity in places
example: got hit by titan stone which knocked me up in the air - i could then air-control to the udam - which was otherwise unreachable from the ground !?
- a bot bouncing on the pulse rifle, team running a pattern near the shockrifle making it hard to get the gun... maybe you could add a few more nodes there?
- a LOT of monsters on the third "island" - took forever to kill the queen and then the warlord - lost two of my team, lol!
- the tree meshes were flicking and and off quite a bit...
- the jumppad under the gasbag room in the third "island" didn't seem to launch me correctly - i kept hitting my head. did get through though...

The last match I played with 4 bots and two even made it with me to the very end - which was quite satisfying. Nice gameplay.
Don't know if your intention - felt a bit like minecraft in some places?

Nice job!
Thank you. Glad you like it.

- That is the purpose of the udamage trick ;) I placed it there with intention. There are plenty more ways to get the udamage. 1 is by using the titan stomping.
- Yes sure.
- Die bitch. The queen has more 10x more health in other maps of me. A little bit of pressure is needed in MH.
I give you a hint, there multiple secrets near by. Deemers, udamages, shields.... She is piece of cake. I killed her in less than 30 seconds. :mrgreen:
Or blast her off the island..... 1 shot 1 kill....... ( hint hint hint )

- That I can't solve.The trees are not mine.
- Ok, it needs some tweaking it seems. Thanks
- No I don't do minecraft, never did actually.

The nice textures of the islands are made by SteadyZ. ( I forgot your name in the credits as well as others ) Praise him.

Thanks FragnBrag. :)
---

OjitroC wrote:
FraGnBraG wrote: I know some peeps are reporting some glitches, but I did three playthroughs with no fatal crashes just a bit of glitchiness:
Certainly agree about the map's awesomeness but would like to know how you did that. :)

I just tried the map again, this time with no mutators and with 5 bots (I just watched what happened) and got the same kind of crash but this time much more immediate, no freezing - with this in the log [/spoiler]
It frustrates me too. Maybe it has to do with my damaged disk, and the unr file is just simply corrupt? I've bought a new disk SSD today. Installing it soon.

Help me Oji , as well as others. ... to figure it out. Feel free to have a look in the editor, and make a few changes that can help. I've made this request before.
It's bugging me out. We need a diagnostic.

Thank you too oji. Glad you liked it.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

@Terraniux
FraGnBraG wrote:the jumppad under the gasbag room in the third "island" didn't seem to launch me correctly - i kept hitting my head. did get through though...
I think the angle for that is set to Random Mode - don't know if that's the reason. There's also a BBoyShars.B_Jumper there as well which seems to have no velocities set and so perhaps is not required?

As an experiment, I replaced BBoyShars.B_Jumper1 with a swjumppad - still got a crash reported thus in the log (I don't know what the initial warning means)
Spoiler
Warning: Other object in slot
Warning: Other object in slot
Critical: UObject::IsValid
Critical: UStruct::CleanupDestroyed
Critical: (Class Botpack.UTTeleEffect)
Critical: CleanupRefs
Critical: ULevel::CleanupDestroyed
Critical: ULevel::Tick
Critical: (NetMode=0)
Critical: TickLevel
Critical: UGameEngine::Tick
Critical: UXC_GameEngine::Tick
Critical: UpdateWorld
Critical: XC_MainLoop
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Exit: UOpenGLRenderDevice::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

BBoyShar... has two almost similar packages (one has a renamed identical copy) but one definitely has other classes and variables structure - as I can figure in hoping to not wrong. When map is referencing an actor/variable, and player uses another version without referenced actor and place being empty, I wouldn't expect more than a crash. As I said in thread with packages not recommended for mapping - has anyone listening ? So, if sektor2111 talks dumb things, keep using borks a la BoomBoomBoy and have fun with maps pointing to missing actors/variables. Make an experiment with Credits.utx. Make a map with newer one using new added textures and fire game using older one with fewer textures. See what's happening, don't waste time, try two cubes, a room with a box... Probably the crash won't be the same but still... a crash... else perhaps another package used for mapping in Editor does damage.
Last edited by sektor2111 on Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FraGnBraG
Inhuman

Post by FraGnBraG »

hmm - i notice two - the older one was bigger.. the newer one (in the map) is smaller... I was using the older one (because i try and not overwrite things)
swear to god i did not crash (yet!)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

FraGnBraG wrote:the older one was bigger.. the newer one (in the map) is smaller....
Which means that newer has things removed and referenced, which means a nice f...k with Engine. These being different cannot even be conformed without other troubles "forged object bla bla KO game". Setup credits for toilette assets at BoomBoomBoy or maybe some "fans" of him...

Edit: Solution...
Get rid of all actors from said package and do Mylevel it for keeping integrity (save exit reload editor etc.) - map won't call any original name and will lose references with lousy stuff... To not forget that these BooBooCrashare have nothing in common with ANY A.I.... which was a part of contest if I well recall some rules from a mind fog...