Counter message BIGGER ?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Counter message BIGGER ?

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote:
Red_Fist wrote:Then pawns see you through movers
I think that is usual for online.
Cough, not that much everywhere, or to reconfigure another kind of saying, not in all servers.
Red_Fist wrote:Ahh I was wondering about the collision on Creature factories I reduce all the collisions to 10,10,
LOL, here setup is a bit... entertaining. If factory is supposed to work similar to a trigger, definitely it needs a higher collision and it's wise to set it only for player, else I would set collision to 0,1 or such and disabling all touching - won't need to start it in other way than triggered and neither processing other colliding traces useless.
The rest of NewNet or whatever hybrid weaponry where player has no deal with Mover but Mover should be part of collision in player definitely makes me to ignore such server, I want a game not a mess. Default Mover after a private chat with someone I was informed that collision part works off-line because authoritative collision there is part of rendering not game-engine which it's entirely wrong right from Epic. In servers they have something but no render deal so mover technically doesn't really have more things with servers - server is assuming some stuff and player is following what has to follow, but the deal it's poor. As a note, that "HurtRadius" confirms that Mover doesn't have too many things with collision traces. In other old attempts of mine for MonsterHunt I tested "if (aBot.CanSee(Mover(A))" - answer was FALSE and I don't recall a single time to figure in logs if mover can be seen by A.I...
The paradox is that we do have some new engine for such problems + a new function SeePlayer, SetEnemy but they are not that used... No problem, it's not my loss... In Monster Gaming Server I don't recall too many Bots/Monsters attacking innocent doors like in other servers - that's why I play there and not elsewhere until admins will wake up someday or maybe never. Current sort of "issue" there is that I changed a bit that HurtRadius for Big monsters hit by shock balls/rockets, etc., and then... some blood craps are showing in strange spots but this is not very disturbing as long as a Titan can be killed properly using alternate shock-rifle fire and same it's for Queen and the rest, way more relevant damage. It's only what I could do alone there because I did not have too many samples and my knowledge about vectors+traces it's not very useful.

At current state I'm still looking around which maps with a good geometry worth patching, except geometry a bunch of things can be tweaked in order to run properly and... smoother. Hint me with maps with a good geometry and compatible with A.I. - even if are empty and I will be grateful setting up credits properly.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Red_Fist wrote:Oh, @Barbie, on electrolyte at the top of the long ramp, hit the button, and the water fills in on the floor (sheet mover), does it go back down ?
Do we talk about the same map? :omfg: At the top of the long ramp is a lift (Mover10) that takes you to the end. Or did you mean the flooding of the area in front of the ramp (Mover64)?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

No the room with the (healing) water tank and the masked texture grated floor and you push the button green water rises as you watch through the door and blows up the explosive barrels and the skaarj at the control panel, that room

The opposite side of the map from chemical drips room

@Sektor, it's not if they see you but they shoot through it as well, it messed up the whole scene and patrolling.

Tried to open your map I get this

Log: New File, Existing Package (Package MyLevel, Package MH-Sk_Those_Seasons_cTb)
Critical: appError called:
Critical: ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0
Critical: Windows GetLastError: The operation completed successfully. (0)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: UGalaxyAudioSubsystem::ShutdownAfterError
Exit: Executing UWindowsClient::ShutdownAfterError
Log: DirectDraw End Mode
Critical: ULinkerLoad::Serialize
Critical: FUnrealfileSummary<<
Critical: LoadSummary
Critical: ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad
Critical: UObject::GetPackageLinker
Critical: UObject::LoadPackage
Critical: UEditorEngine::Exec
Critical: (MAP LOAD FILE="D:\UTww\Maps\MH-Sk_Those_Seasons_cTb.unr")
Critical: FileOpen
Critical: WEditorFrame::OnCommand
Critical: WM_HSCROLL
Critical: WWindow::WndProc
Critical: WWindow::StaticProc
Critical: DispatchMessage
Critical: 000203BC 273
Critical: MessagePump
Critical: MainLoop
Exit: Exiting.
Uninitialized: Name subsystem shut down
Uninitialized: Log file closed, 11/26/18 18:26:17
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote:Tried to open your map I get this

Log: New File, Existing Package (Package MyLevel, Package MH-Sk_Those_Seasons_cTb)
Critical: appError called:
Critical: ReadFile beyond EOF 0+4/0
Is your decompressed file corrupted ?
I opened map and then CTF-BigAndUgly... from history - no error, no nothing all was loading properly. I'm not sure what are you using there...

Second check
I copied map in client version with everything original + MonsterHunt.u original file from 2002. It was loaded properly... :| .

Third check
Decompressed map from 7zip archive and loaded in clean client - working.

Send me your map and allow me to load MyLevel there ? Preparing a cube-only would be helpful ?
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I will try to unzip it again, maybe that is it :noidea

I only tried to open your map first, no other map was loaded first.

That was it, I used WinRAR 3.90 64bit , so I used 7zip, and the map worked. And I shoved the new counter in my map, the count shows up real good, Thanks !!! :thuup:
Binary Space Partitioning