DM-SteelProIII

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!

Re: DM-SteelPro]I[

Postby stat_I_k » Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:41 pm

DM-SteelPro]I[_beta2:
https://gamebanana.com/dl/408605

Changes since previous version:
- found and fixed "bug brush" which caused increasing map size from 2Mb to 17 Mb;
- added initial bot support; (there are stiil a lot of work needed to teach them use kickers and slide brushes);
- reduced global light from 192 to 128;
PS: i didn't start changing textures yet, plan to do it in the next build.
stat_I_k
Novice

Postby Red_Fist » Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:42 pm

I am almost thinking black trim for some reason, or a really dark gray. :confused2:

edit

in other words not rust colors.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Postby stat_I_k » Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:55 pm

Reporting in:
DM-SteelPro]I[_beta3:
https://gamebanana.com/dl/409280

Changes since previous version:
- more darky, a little changes in texturing

Red_Fist wrote:I am almost thinking black trim for some reason, or a really dark gray. :confused2:
edit
in other words not rust colors.

Yea, plan to rework texturing in next time

stat_I_k
Novice

Postby sektor2111 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 12:54 am

What_Is This.PNG
Can I ask what is this mess ? This is Pathing definition ? Using Editor ?
You know, until this map will be NORMAL, I'll keep that Rv19 version - of course, modified with glass tubes routes turned to the right direction.
You can forget command for auto-generating paths, it's useless... 342 PathNodes for this area ?
I'm waiting re-textured version. Keep up good work :tu: .
sektor2111
Godlike

Postby stat_I_k » Sun Feb 24, 2019 6:49 pm

sektor2111 wrote:
What_Is This.PNG
Can I ask what is this mess ? This is Pathing definition ? Using Editor ?

Yes. Unfortunately, I don't have enough time to do "pixel bot pathing job", because I am not sure that somebody really needs "perfect" bot support in 2019. But anyway this map has at least some bot support.

This map version is done. All further changes will be made in the next version: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=13313
Last edited by stat_I_k on Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
stat_I_k
Novice

Re: DM-SteelProIII

Postby Red_Fist » Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:43 pm

He is just saying there is way too many pathnodes, and you should clean it up by placing them one at a t time with minimal paths.

I also think he was saying that if you use the editor to automatically build the path network, if you click and raise a pathnode there will be another one there at the exact same spot, a bad thing. If that is the case, clean up the map because all those paths those paths take computing time and will confuse bots and bad for servers.

It really don't take that long to path, unless you want to study the sticky spots for bots on an extensive complicated map.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: DM-SteelProIII

Postby sektor2111 » Mon Feb 25, 2019 7:35 am

stat_I_k wrote:I don't have enough time to do "pixel bot pathing job"
Neither me... (but you had enough time for editing 3 beta here) else it took 10-15 minutes in previous map Rv19 which you ask me to remove. You could be more smart and copy-pasting nodes from there because new actors copied are not creating duplicates... and paths are done to support original Editor building using "paths define" command and not "paths build" from any kind. There is a single map known to me where Editor creates paths almost perfect - it's a testing Level which I did very small and simple, but here Editor will spend time for making garbage not paths due to geometry which need human eye not auto-bot type guessing from a poorly coded Script which Polge did.
sektor2111
Godlike

Previous

Return to Mapping