CTF-Panamax [FINAL]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: BETA: CTF-Panamax

Post by sektor2111 »

According to lightning perhaps I don't have eyes to figure differences or I was focusing in other direction... Idea is... that I have done movers with lights attached and all that sort of said "impossible" or "heavy" stuff. This great map triggered me to do a small research for settings that need to go to said mover - I like such a Net challenge all time. First LAN test was promising, now I want to see how does it work in a real Server environment. If settings are good I'll tell you what to do. For the moment I did not get a real smoother movement but Redeemer is an option with Translocator for players - I got it - perhaps for future I'll take Bots in account... :tu: , it might be a too narrow spot but...
If Mover will be a bad-ass perhaps I have to attack it with a client assistant, first I want it to work as it is by only adjusting a few things.

I'll keep you informed...
Edit: Probably this way
I could get Redeemer even if mover doesn't move that smooth - Bot is not under discussion yet - I even removed InventorySpot from stage and rebuilding routes:
Pnm_Rot_Mvr.PNG
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

fudgonaut wrote: Sat Jan 04, 2020 5:40 pm I was wondering if people could compare Beta1 and Beta2 on their own machines, and let me know which one looks better (or is is somewhere in between)?
I think the lighting in Beta2 is better.
fudgonaut wrote: Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:13 pm This is my first map and it took me forever to finish. Honestly I don't know if I have it within me to make another one. The process was agonizing.

For a first map it is pretty impressive, with a nice original theme and excellent execution, and it would be a pity if you don't feel able to follow it up - what happened to CTF-Acrophobia?
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Post by fudgonaut »

Thanks sektor for looking into the online mover!

Thank you and OjitroC for the feedback, and the kind words! I'm going to sit on the map for a few days, and if there are no other comments, I'll probably repackage Beta2 as final.

CTF-Acrophobia is on indefinite haiatus, there were some things I was trying accomplish with geometry that I have since learned are too ambitious for the unreal engine. I may salvage some of core the ideas, if I decide to make another map. But my brain is still crispy after CTF-Panamax.
fudgonaut
Adept
Personal rank: Easy Target

Re: CTF-Panamax [FINAL]

Post by fudgonaut »

Since no more feedback has arrived, I'm declaring my first UT map, CTF-Panamax, complete.

Files have been updated, zipped, and posted at the top of this thread.

Screenshot.jpg

Thanks everyone who made it possible!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

fudgonaut wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:57 pmSince no more feedback has arrived, I'm declaring my first UT map, CTF-Panamax, complete.
I've largely been in my own world up till now, so I'll give it a review tonite... provided I don't pass out when I get home.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

I'll keep beta with mover working better On-Line - here mover has the same problem, without that one-way route to Redeemer.

Excepting Mover this map it's simply amazing and if I take in account that is your first map I'm very impressed :tu: :highfive: . I would like to see 1000 such mappers doing things like that.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Ooo, the Panama canal!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction