Why are my spawns broken

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!

Why are my spawns broken

Postby rtg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:36 am

Hello,
Can someone tell me why my spawns are broken? I spawn in random locations, even tho I have set the correct value for the spawns to their respective teams.

Thank you.

--edit by UnrealGGecko--

Could it be aliens?
Attachments
CTF-BleakTDN-test14.unr
(1.27 MiB) Downloaded 19 times
Last edited by UnrealGGecko on Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please avoid double-posting within 24 hours.
rtg
Average

Personal rank: the incredable kid

Re: Why are my spawns broken

Postby Red_Fist » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:01 am

I messed up something for my UT windows dll trying to eliminate a problem, but you should change the map name in the level properties to "CTF-" might be it.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike

Postby UT Sniper (SJA94) » Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:15 am

If you haven't checked the log while the map is running:

I just pressed the build all button and it fixes it, I suggest you do the same, if it doesn't work I'll just send you a build from my ued.
Find the Latest player inis https://ooper.000webhostapp.com/ut/newinis/ (2019 version)
My latest UT themed game Spawn Killer 4 Game
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Adept

Personal rank: noob programmer

Postby rtg » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:12 am

I actually sent the map to someone to rebuild it for me and he sent it over to me working fine. Weird shit, gotta love ued.
rtg
Average

Personal rank: the incredable kid

Postby sektor2111 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:00 pm

Actually Bots might even crash the game here because you have deleted/moved a navigationpoint without to rebuild paths = breaking navigationpoints list. When Navigation list is broken TDM game uses iterator sorting a playerstart without team consideration and then you might spawn in other base. As a note, here is a small fragment from log (these logs are broken in my environment mainly post XCGE v21....)
Code: Select all
Critical: APawn::breadthPathFrom
Critical: APawn::findPathToward
To summarize: this is mapping goofing not Editor goofing. By using my custom CTF game I was trying to find enemy flag - NO chance, which is demonstrating that navigation is broken.

Next points
- nice Level for a CTF ground. After removing useless nodes I think this is good for a server... :gj: .
- for a coding exercise for self person I think I will want to write a mutator for rewrapping navigationpoint list but I believe default Engine will still crash when network is corrupted. Probably a try won't hurt anything.
sektor2111
Godlike

Return to Mapping