BSP holes revealed. TIP

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: BSP holes revealed. TIP

Post by sektor2111 »

I want an Example where realigning texture is fixing BSP bugs. BSP bugs are coming from a bad geometry anyway.
Krull0r
Average
Personal rank: 227 Emitter Expert

Post by Krull0r »

I think that doesn’t count.

But when you edit a brush in blender and extrude faces or create new faces by connecting edges and vertices and you don’t unwrap the mesh again. The uv map of the brush is messed up. If the uv of the new faces have zero space UnrealEd can’t render the face and cause extreme BSP holes along the brush. Realign the textures will fix this issue.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Oh I can fix the BSP hole, then when I realigned the texture then I can see what I fixed or how the BSP hole changed after I messed with the vertexes.

Otherwise it looks perfectly fixed and can't see the BSP error until I align the texture..

The new corrected brush, doesn't fit all the other existing brushes now, in the map, because the whole brush size was changed. The brush fix needs to only be the bad spots.

And it also might be messed up from the world, so I copied everything into a new editor. I can edit it to work but it's a matter of which vertex I use and which way I move them and how far.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Krull0r wrote: But when you edit a brush in blender and extrude faces or create new faces by connecting edges and vertices and you don’t unwrap the mesh again. The uv map of the brush is messed up...
That's pretty much logic.