DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Postby sektor2111 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:07 pm

How you say.... but I always build/rebuild in steps and still... lights are Not Missing at all. Thanks for clarification.
User avatar
sektor2111
Godlike
 
Posts: 3999
Joined: Sun May 09, 2010 6:15 pm
Location: On the roof.

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Postby PrinceOfFunky » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:45 pm

Hellkeeper wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:Until Papercoffee will get button done, you can keep posting posts about deleted not deleted lights - and yes, this topic is just SPAM, a fake problem and second image pretended to be a build of map just shows that you are only trying to fool us


Sektor, I am always amazed at how agressive you are and how quickly you attribute evil intentions to everyone and their mother, but if you took the time to calm down for twelve seconds and take a good sip of wine, smoke a joint or listen to relaxing music, you would probably not be angrily accusing Funky of deceiving us and you would then realize why you're wrong here.

Funky's build is not fake, because if you open the map and hit rebuild all, as I'm sure you obviously know, hidden actors are not take into account and so the corridor is indeed all black. Yes it is, it so totally is it hurts. However, if you don't rebuild all but rebuild geometry, then lighting, then pathing, etc. in successive steps, as you said you did, then hidden actors are taken into account and then the corridor is lit. You can verify this easily by setting the corridor's brushes to hidden and building geometry: the corridor gets rebuilt. Hit rebuild all, it goes missing. EVERY single mapper from here can confirm that. Funky's reaction is perfectly understandable and not a mischievous plot to make us fall in to the trap of hidden actors.

I added the "Debunked" tag to the title, also made 2 vids yesterday which I didn't post in the end:
Spoiler: show



sektor2111 wrote:Until Papercoffee will get button done

Papercoffee can send you the button through PM, this is not the right topic to post it. This topic can be closed thanks!
Image
User avatar
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike
 
Posts: 1032
Joined: Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:31 pm

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Postby Red_Fist » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:59 pm

Hiding is needed for maps that have 30 million zones, brushes , point, polys, also using the invert actor button along with hiding is a great feature.

The other hiding is taking away the texture and size and hiding, draw type, and mesh, so what they must have been doing is working on this map and he didn't want to screw up the way the lighting looks.
Last edited by Red_Fist on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Binary Space Partitioning
Red_Fist
Godlike
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:31 am

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Postby papercoffee » Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:54 am

PrinceOfFunky wrote:
sektor2111 wrote:Until Papercoffee will get button done

Papercoffee can send you the button through PM, this is not the right topic to post it.

Already did. ;)

@Hellkeeper
Thank you. even as a long time mapper, I didn't noticed this.
Maybe because I never used to hide any actors?
User avatar
papercoffee
Site Staff
 
Posts: 9170
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:36 am
Location: Cologne, the city with the big cathedral.
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Previous

Return to Mapping

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests