Page 1 of 2

DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 am
by PrinceOfFunky
Looks like DM-Hyperblast tunnel has light actors but they are hidden.
Here the old post in spoiler:
Spoiler
Show
Although DM-Hyperblast tunnel has lighting built in,
hyperblast_builtin_light.png
light actors have been deleted, indeed a light rebuild shows how the tunnel should actually look like:
hyperblast_light_actors_missing.png
This means that if you are planning to modify the map and rebuilt its lighting, then you would need to put the light actors back on it and it won't be sure you'll have the exact same lighting.

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:13 am
by sektor2111
And this is what I've got AFTER a rebuild of Geometry, BSP and Light...
[attachment=0]HyperBLight.PNG[/attachment]
So ? Do you need some Editing tutorials ? If Lights have been deleted let's talk/chat/discuss/speak/spam about Light2 Light4 Light11 Light28 etc. and what these lights are doing... Spam posting ?
Note: after a small clean-up map went from 1.07 MB to 1.02 MB - perhaps can be even smaller after recreating paths...

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:27 am
by sn260591
Some actors on this map are hidden for the editor. This command will display them

Code: Select all

set actor bhiddened 0

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:37 pm
by PrinceOfFunky
sektor2111 wrote:And this is what I've got AFTER a rebuild of Geometry, BSP and Light...
Yeah, omitting all the previous steps to make it work it's easy to say you got that after a full rebuilding. It's like saying "I made a building by using 1 brick" which is true but it doesn't mean your building is made of one brick only.
sn260591 wrote:Some actors on this map are hidden for the editor. This command will display them

Code: Select all

set actor bhiddened 0
How can I select all the lights including the bhiddened ones? Do I need to select each of them by looking for them with the Actors search button?

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:34 pm
by sektor2111
Maybe I need to write Lesson ZERO about UT mapping with meaning of buttons explained for dummies...
[attachment=0]NoMoreHidden.png[/attachment]

Else, we do have DrawType property of an actor (DT_None in CTF-Command), DrawScale (can be 0.000001) and... a GROUP which can be active/inactive. Saying that there lights are deleted it's false or a bad joke for new mappers making them to get confused.

ANY of fore-mentioned settings can be reverted using console as explained before, it won't hurt anything...

2019 Note: In newer mapping tasks I'm hiding items on purpose preparing them for adding another class of InventorySpot mapped by XC AddOns which will acquire items depending on their availability when are multiple items in spot for preventing a crap-ton of reachspecs created. Items are there even if you cannot see them in Editor at first hit.

If your Editor has InventorySpots actors hidden by default (mine has this) a simple console command "showinv" will make them visible instantly. If you are not a fan of typing you can bind said command in a button which can be created easy as a pie. You will need a designer if you are not one for making a good looking bmp file for that button. (Papercoffee can you hear me ? Help us a bit...)

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:06 pm
by papercoffee
sektor2111 wrote:(Papercoffee can you hear me ? Help us a bit...)
How can I help you?

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:24 pm
by PrinceOfFunky
sektor2111 wrote:Maybe I need to write Lesson ZERO about UT mapping with meaning of buttons explained for dummies...
[attachment=1]NoMoreHidden.png[/attachment]

Else, we do have DrawType property of an actor (DT_None in CTF-Command), DrawScale (can be 0.000001) and... a GROUP which can be active/inactive. Saying that there lights are deleted it's false or a bad joke for new mappers making them to get confused.

ANY of fore-mentioned settings can be reverted using console as explained before, it won't hurt anything...
It's also a group in DM-Hyperblast:
lightscorridor.jpg
sektor2111 wrote:2019 Note: In newer mapping tasks I'm hiding items on purpose preparing them for adding another class of InventorySpot mapped by XC AddOns which will acquire items depending on their availability when are multiple items in spot for preventing a crap-ton of reachspecs created. Items are there even if you cannot see them in Editor at first hit.

If your Editor has InventorySpots actors hidden by default (mine has this) a simple console command "showinv" will make them visible instantly. If you are not a fan of typing you can bind said command in a button which can be created easy as a pie. You will need a designer if you are not one for making a good looking bmp file for that button. (Papercoffee can you hear me ? Help us a bit...)
You literally accused me of spamming here:
sektor2111 wrote:Spam posting ?
when I wasn't and now you're spamming something that doesn't have anything to do with this topic? I don't even use XC_Engine...

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:33 pm
by UnrealGGecko
Uuuuh, you might need to re-read that sentence, Funky. He ment the lights, not you. :|

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:32 pm
by sektor2111
Papercoffee was good at designing buttons - perhaps he can do one for showing inventoryspot type actors.
UnrealGGecko wrote:Uuuuh, you might need to re-read that sentence, Funky. He ment the lights, not you.
Yeah, actually he said that map will look dark at rebuild which is a nonsense. Imagine that I tested it and I could see that it's only a "false alarm" in 50 seconds. What for such Title ? Reason ?
Answer is: NOPE - Hyperblast tunnel CONTAINS hidden lights, title being false by default.
And no, I did not spam anything, I just sampled other cases when I'M HIDDING actors exactly like these supposed "DELETED" lights but you have started a topic about a nothing constructive saying that map has deleted lights which is not true at all and then... What is for this false note ? That's the point.

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:45 pm
by papercoffee
hm... an icon/button which unhide hidden actors.
Interesting.

I can do this.

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:48 pm
by sektor2111
Hidden InventorySpots. Other actors can be shown already with above button pointed in image, but that button won't show InventorySpot - unless my Editor is screwed up, but I doubt about this, "deleted" lights in Hyperblast have been shown instantly using what Editor already has.

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:38 pm
by papercoffee
sektor2111 wrote:Hidden InventorySpots.
Oh... yes ... I meant inv-spots.

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:17 pm
by PrinceOfFunky
UnrealGGecko wrote:Uuuuh, you might need to re-read that sentence, Funky. He ment the lights, not you. :|
You mean when he was talking about "spam posting"?

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:04 am
by sektor2111
Until Papercoffee will get button done, you can keep posting posts about deleted not deleted lights - and yes, this topic is just SPAM, a fake problem and second image pretended to be a build of map just shows that you are only trying to fool us,
PrinceOfFunky wrote:
[attachment=0]Fake_Build.png[/attachment]

This means that if you are planning to modify the map and rebuilt its lighting, then you would need to put the light actors back on it and it won't be sure you'll have the exact same lighting.
because I re-Builded map and result it's not so dark as you showed in image, it's even a smaller map, and can be cleaned by references heading nowhere - simple as that.
More than that when I explained that the build is OK, in next reply I see
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Yeah, omitting all the previous steps to make it work it's easy to say you got that after a full rebuilding. It's like saying "I made a building by using 1 brick" which is true but it doesn't mean your building is made of one brick only.?
which has nothing to do with this - lights are NOT DELETED, and EVERY single mapper from here can confirm that, can you get this ? No ? No problem then. I will save such posts in a list which I'll drop out when I'll be asked for it.

Re: DM-Hyperblast tunnel has no light actors [Debunked]

Posted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:29 pm
by Hellkeeper
sektor2111 wrote:Until Papercoffee will get button done, you can keep posting posts about deleted not deleted lights - and yes, this topic is just SPAM, a fake problem and second image pretended to be a build of map just shows that you are only trying to fool us
Sektor, I am always amazed at how agressive you are and how quickly you attribute evil intentions to everyone and their mother, but if you took the time to calm down for twelve seconds and take a good sip of wine, smoke a joint or listen to relaxing music, you would probably not be angrily accusing Funky of deceiving us and you would then realize why you're wrong here.

Funky's build is not fake, because if you open the map and hit rebuild all, as I'm sure you obviously know, hidden actors are not take into account and so the corridor is indeed all black. Yes it is, it so totally is it hurts. However, if you don't rebuild all but rebuild geometry, then lighting, then pathing, etc. in successive steps, as you said you did, then hidden actors are taken into account and then the corridor is lit. You can verify this easily by setting the corridor's brushes to hidden and building geometry: the corridor gets rebuilt. Hit rebuild all, it goes missing. EVERY single mapper from here can confirm that. Funky's reaction is perfectly understandable and not a mischievous plot to make us fall in to the trap of hidden actors.