Lets protect forests! [NO SPAMBOT;I SWEAR...100% NO SPAM]

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Power107
Average
Personal rank: Soon to be non-activ

Lets protect forests! [NO SPAMBOT;I SWEAR...100% NO SPAM]

Post by Power107 »

Hello everyone!
Power107 proudly presents the WIP thread of DM-Amazonia16(FULL NAME: Amazon Rainforest Destiny).

->HENCE THIS MAKES MY TITLE RELEVANT FOR YOU IF YOU COMPREHEND NEWSPAPERS

• Support for up to 16 players similarly to DM-Deck16][ and DM-Tempest.
  • The level contains every weapon of UT99: Snipers; Rocket launchers; Flak Cannons...
  • Colorful coronas and effective positioning of lights.
  • Limitless static meshes--decorations--and brushes are used to entertain the player.

Doom...Apocalypse...Chaos...The Amazon forest was once a reflection of nature but today: Amazon is a dark battle arena due to the curse of corporate greed. Some years ago UNESCO declared the remains of the forest as a "Global Heritage Zone"; to the general public this meant that the Amazon Rainforest will become untouchable to the curse of greed...
However--the UN handed the land to a multi-trillionaire named Maximus Falcon who is the CEO of Falcon Industries and Maximus is also more wealthier than Rockefeller. The true reason why the UN handed the sacred land to a devil is unknown but fortunately the immoral relationship between the UN and the elite can be traced by tracking Ted Turner's donation of $1 billion to the UN in 1900s.
A lot of protests were held--to protect the Sanctity of Life--after Maximus converted the Amazon Rainforest into a dark battle arena. In response, Maximus asserted:
"My legend Charles Darwin proved that you humans are evolved from apes which are in fact animals! So if we can butcher animals for meat then why not butcher humans who are animals too, and can be revived with the use of my nano-tech genetic modifications...And just wanted to remind you that Nano-tech mods can not be used to revive animals--other than your mundane human race--as they become too much powerful and cause harmful damages! Our nano-tech has caused a lot of positive alterations to this world as the power to revive the deceased with the speed of light lead to an eternal nuclear war between India and Pakistan hence the global nuclear winter which resulted in a permanent darkness over the sky and...OF COURSE the snow above my Amazon Rainforest--but we are kind enough to keep a nano-tech electric barrier above the remains of Amazon to make sure that deathmatch battles are entertaining!"

AmazoniaShot03.png
AmazoniaShot02.png
AmazoniaShot01.png
SPECIAL THANKS: sektor2111 for helping me to build good bot paths.
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: Lets protect forests! [NO SPAMBOT;I SWEAR...100% NO SPAM

Post by papercoffee »

Your images except for the ingame screenshots are not showing up.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

The web site at
says
HIVE - Error
You do not have permission to view media within this album.
BTW: [ironic]You could increase the font size of your posting also to gain even more attention.[/ironic]
BTW2: Would a spammer write "This is spam." into the subject? I guess not, rather he would write "This is no spam." To enhance the meaning, he could even shout: "THIS IS NO SPAM!" What's the difference to your subject then?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Barbie wrote: BTW: [ironic]You could increase the font size of your posting also to gain even more attention.[/ironic]
The colours ...it's not colourful enough.
He/She should make every letter in a different colour.
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

Thanks for telling me about the image problem, I will fix it soon...Fortunately its a WIP thread :)
Barbie wrote: ...Would a spammer write "This is spam." into the subject? I guess not, rather he would write "This is no spam." To enhance the meaning, he could even shout: "THIS IS NO SPAM!" What's the difference to your subject then?
You are right...It still can be taken as a spam if you want to...Everyone interprets things uniquely.
Feel free to have a unique opinion.
papercoffee wrote: The colours ...it's not colourful enough.
He/She should make every letter in a different colour.
The word "should" makes it a good humor+hyperbolic well done! :tu:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

Since one million years have passed since my last post and no one is replying as they should be!
I will post a developer update...
DEVELOPER UPDATE:
Dm-Amazonia16 should be released in a week unless something abnormal happens. It took me nearly 2 weeks to make this map.
But how and why???
I was watching Smeerkat's Youtube video on the BSP terrain tool then I followed his instructions but later on decided to put 4 pillars and joined them with a platform. It looked cool to me as I just learned the UnrealEd two months ago...

Stay tuned for more updates!
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
XaNKoNII
Skilled
Personal rank: Phenix

Post by XaNKoNII »

Power107 wrote:Since one million years have passed since my last post and no one is replying as they should be!
I will post a developer update...
DEVELOPER UPDATE:
Dm-Amazonia16 should be released in a week unless something abnormal happens. It took me nearly 2 weeks to make this map.
But how and why???
I was watching Smeerkat's Youtube video on the BSP terrain tool then I followed his instructions but later on decided to put 4 pillars and joined them with a platform. It looked cool to me as I just learned the UnrealEd two months ago...

Stay tuned for more updates!
Release it, im allways very interested in playing new maps that show here and recording them :D :tu:
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Post the Beta map and we can give critique.
To be honest, your pictures doesn't look so impressive (compared to your initial post) Therefore do we need something else to justify any comments. :wink:
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

XaNKoNII wrote:
Release it, im allways very interested in playing new maps that show here and recording them :D :tu:
Thanks for showing interest...I am releasing it soon. :tu:
papercoffee wrote:Post the Beta map and we can give critique.
To be honest, your pictures doesn't look so impressive (compared to your initial post) Therefore do we need something else to justify any comments. :wink:
I will send the beta to you in a PM soon...And for the pictures: I captured the screenshots in rush but last time I captured them properly and I am intending to do the same for the thread in which I will release this map. :rock:
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16
Power107
Average

Post by Power107 »

DEVELOPER UPDATE:
The map is 99.95% done; this is why me and sektor2111 are now checking bot paths. Also I have announced my next UT99 map which is a CTF-Face remake, and the prototype has over 10 downloads even if the thread has less than 100 views as of now.
A very cool guy even thought that the prototype was the real map and said that it is "good" :D
Stay tuned and visit ut99.org daily as I am releasing DM-Amazonia16 soon!
My recent level:
DM-Amazonia16