UT running twice, gameux, rundll32, it happens testing maps.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

UT running twice, gameux, rundll32, it happens testing maps.

Post by Red_Fist »

(I posted the same thing a oldUnreal.)
It happens after some update from windows.

This is what I did win7 pro 64bit

I ran these in the command prompt with admin rights

regsvr32 -u c:\windows\system32\gameux.dll

and for 64-bit additionally

regsvr32 -u c:\windows\SysWOW64\gameux.dll

Of course game explorer is not working any further after unregistering the corresponding dll. Good thing is, if you ever feel to punish yourself again, you can restore the original settings:

regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\gameux.dll

and for 64-bit additionally

regsvr32 c:\windows\SysWOW64\gameux.dll

(I got that from some website.)

So after you do that it will stop until you reboot. OR I already had UT running from it once and it didn't run each time I wanted to play map through the editor. But before it would do it every time I tested a map.

So what I did was take ownership of those files in system32 and the 64, and moved them out.

Now the damn thing don't mess with me as, every time you run the UT editor to play game, or whatever else games do it.

I don't care if it is the best way since I have zero want to have windows game explorer at all.
Binary Space Partitioning
darksonny
Adept

Re: UT running twice, gameux, rundll32, it happens testing maps.

Post by darksonny »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 5:44 pm (I posted the same thing a oldUnreal.)
It happens after some update from windows.
long time I dont do any update without prior investigation about those "security update" titles, microshit is doing dirty moves to force people who uses win 7/8.1 and does not want to pass into win 10. Try to delete that update what makes you to be in troubles maybe this could fix the problem
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Microsoft:

"Let's improve games"
Proceeds to release patch that breaks 50% of existing games
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I put this in mapping because it effects mapping-testing. But it is really for Unreal , (and UT) but I read it messes with a lot of other old games.

I run a program for modem lights in my taskbar, and every friggen time I ran the map from the editor the lights are communicating with their microsoft server that is now not used for games anymore, so I read.
Then I read it checks the server each time giving a delay until the server times out, or something like that and modem lights running .
It also runs UT, then you need to play map AGAIN, so while mapping you don't want two copies of UT running.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So, I think I'm happy as long as they don't do any "update" to an old OS (which I'm using) and according to this occurrence idea for any update/upgrade has been properly vaporized.
Thank you, M$ for ruining old Skype, for updates, for "convincing" others to no longer do support for old good stable OS-es... My next machine won't be a computer I'll stick for other architecture and other OS.