CTF-Starscream WIP

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Koolflux
Experienced

CTF-Starscream WIP

Post by Koolflux »

A while back, I made a post about three maps I was working on, those being CTF-Skywarp, CTF-Starscream, and DOM-Thundercracker.

Here's a WiP (work-in-progress) thread for CTF-Starscream. The map's full title is "FFS Starscream". As you'll see from the screenshots, the concept behind the map is that of a spaceship soaring through space which doubles as a Capture the Flag game venue. All of the screenshots are from UnrealEditor. I've completely revamped the layout, tossing out the original layout I had in mind in favor of a new one.

This is a view of the entirely of what's already been built in the map. As you see, it's a medium-sized map.

This is the room just outside the flag room.

This is the lower area in the team base, where the Pulse Gun and Ripper are located.

This is the flag room itself.

Here's a view of the skybox from outside the ship.

This is the lower area beneath the central area outside the team base. Not really sure what purpose it serves, other than being where the Invisibility pickup and Instagib Rifle are located.

The map's half-finished right now. I just have to do the blue team base and then do bot-pathing (which I absolutely suck at). I will post the map itself on here for download when it's finished.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Re: CTF-Starscream WIP

Post by papercoffee »

A Super Shock Rifle in a CTF is mostly a bad idea ...if that easily reachable. ;)
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Big fan of the Decepticons, huh?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

papercoffee wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:27 pm A Super Shock Rifle in a CTF is mostly a bad idea ...if that easily reachable. ;)
I just realized that now that you mentioned it. I've rectified that now by inserting a lethal laser barrier to guard the Instagib Rifle. The laser barrier can be turned off with a button, but then you only have two seconds to get in, get the weapon, and get back out before the laser comes back on, so there's little to no room for error. The laser barrier is also deadly to the touch, so trying to walk through it will cause instant death and if you make even the slightest fuck-up during those two seconds, then when the laser comes back on, it's game over and you have to respawn.

That was a bit of a pain in the ass to do, as that involved movers (three for the laser barrier and one for the button), eight Trigger actors, and a SpecialEvent actor to make the laser barrier deadly. Still, I think it was worth it, and I think it should make that particular weapon a tad less "easily reachable" now, since there's an obstacle in the way.
EvilGrins wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:01 pm Big fan of the Decepticons, huh?
I sure am, with Starscream being my favorite. Soundwave and Shockwave are contenders for that title, too.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Koolflux wrote: Fri Oct 25, 2019 3:40 am
EvilGrins wrote: Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:01 pm Big fan of the Decepticons, huh?
I sure am, with Starscream being my favorite. Soundwave and Shockwave are contenders for that title, too.
Traitor!
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758