Item Message Change

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Item Message Change

Post by Diego_HoF »

Ok so right now i have a little problem here
I made the Health vial, Armors and Med Box change sprites, sounds and all works, however when they are pickup, it still shows the default message and name,instead of all changes i made in the Inventory Properties (Item Name, Pickup Sound and Pickup Message), do i have to change something else or enter a command in the botpack.inventory.healthvial class?
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Item Message Change

Post by sektor2111 »

Expand HealthVial into another Mylevel class named how you want to be shown...
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 5:26 am Expand HealthVial into another Mylevel class named how you want to be shown...
and then? i attempt to create the class but it still shows the Health Vial Name instead of the one i want, unless i have to change something after creating the class, any guides that can help me on it?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Allow me to do some cube and I'll drop results after that.
Edit:
Like I said before: Expand a VIAL into another class with a Different name and properties.
Item_Msg.PNG
Exactly like here:
DM-TestItem.zip
Item and properties Inside
(2.17 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Don't forget to compile after you have added a sub class even there is no code in it. If not, strange things can occur (I have experienced for example no sound or a broken Level.Pawnlist).
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

Thanks for the advice guys, now the custom items work now with the messages i want.
The only part left was the change to the class Botpack.HealthVial, used the compile to do the change manually
Now i have to figure why the bots are not going for them, unless there is a path node near them, limitation or something else?
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Do you really have changed Botpack.HealthVial? :omfg:
So the file UT-Directory\System\BotPack.u has changed? (Original BotPack.u has a CRC32checksum of ED2FF144 and a time stamp of years in the past...)
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Diego_HoF wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 4:34 am The only part left was the change to the class Botpack.HealthVial, used the compile to do the change manually
Very WRONG.You can adjust properties of item placed in map but not the CLASS itself.
If you are changing original class items you will go nowhere - this means screwing stock. No ONE will change these in servers for having a mismatch error. Like I said (shall I repeat 100 times ?) - subclass VIAL in a tiny thing (and compile new class). Can you see what I did here ? Look at classes by opening map in Editor, see what you have at HealthVial - it's a "+", click it and you see something else called "TinyHealth", that one it's not a stock - it's Mylevel. I think I did this in less than 5 minutes. I could use another texture, another size, etc.

Part two: ALL items addressing Bots must have reference in Navigation Network which means that paths have to be removed and recreated after placing items else Bot will get them only if is closer to them. These have to be linked with an InventorySpot (or whatever smarty thing) which must be connected with other nearby points.
Diego_HoF
Experienced

Post by Diego_HoF »

No, I didn't modify of touch the original healthvial, only my class
In the end I just add a line to change the class = mylevel. MyName before compile them
Don't worry sektor, I am new to this but don't want to brake my ut99 or unrealed
If I only need to compile it to change it to mylevel then next time I will know what to do