CTF-Morbius][ pathing issue

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

CTF-Morbius][ pathing issue

Post by EvilGrins »

I'm not skilled in the field of bot-pathing, so I'm not sure if that is the issue. While this seems like it could be a fun map for players to play online, it doesn't seem to work so well for bot-matches. They play it like it's Deathmatch and if any bot even gets the flag, they never seem to try and take it back to their own base.

While I do periodically change the game prefix of some maps to DM, I don't do the same for Capture the Flag.

So, I'm wondering if the pathing is still the same as it was for the DM version. Is more specialized pathing needed for CTF?

Are some maps just never intended to be CTF??
Attachments
CTF-Morbias][.unr
(613.16 KiB) Downloaded 19 times
Shot0003.png
Shot0002.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: CTF-Morbius][ pathing issue

Post by sektor2111 »

Te, he, finally I have opportunity to show a sort of goofing which tutorials are saying: do not move NavigationPoints manually - even if that's a FlagBase. If XC images might be hard to understand, let's see what Mr. Garbage is saying.
MrGarbage wrote: Specs: +++++
oooooooooooooooo: oooooooooooooooo
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[0]=745 Start=FlagBase0 End=SpawnPoint0 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=193
Connected: FlagBase0 to SpawnPoint0.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase0 to point 0 which means PathNode100
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[0]=750 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode118 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=941
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode118.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[1]=751 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode156 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=145
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode156.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[1]=753 Start=FlagBase0 End=InventorySpot17 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=865
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot17.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[2]=748 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode98 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=140
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode98.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[2]=746 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode94 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=548
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode94.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[3]=752 Start=FlagBase0 End=LiftExit3 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=281
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to LiftExit3.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[4]=749 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode102 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=531
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode102.
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[5]=747 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode96 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=257
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode96.
Specs: +++++
Specs: No NavigationPoint heads to FlagBase0. If a route passes through, it won't be usable.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[0]=754 Start=FlagBase1 End=SpawnPoint1 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=175
Connected: FlagBase1 to SpawnPoint1.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase1 to point 0 which means PathNode110
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[0]=759 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode136 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=923
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to PathNode136.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[1]=757 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode108 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=137
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode108.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[1]=755 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode104 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=548
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to PathNode104.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[2]=760 Start=FlagBase1 End=LiftExit1 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=278
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to LiftExit1.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[3]=761 Start=FlagBase1 End=InventorySpot18 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=858
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to InventorySpot18.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[4]=758 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode112 RFlags=Jump Walk =9 Dist=532
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to PathNode112.
Specs: FlagBase1 - PrunedPaths[5]=756 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode106 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=260
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase1 to PathNode106.
Specs: No NavigationPoint heads to FlagBase1. If a route passes through, it won't be usable.
Specs: ReachSpecs Flags summary:
Flg: R_WALK = 1
Flg: R_FLY = 2
Flg: R_SWIM = 4
Flg: R_JUMP = 8
Flg: R_DOOR = 16
Flg: R_SPECIAL = 32
Flg: R_PLAYERONLY = 64
And now I'm curious which one will show up with poor excuses and reasons - this is n00b pathing from all angles...
To summarize - BOTH FlagBases don't include any reachSpec heading to their location.
In image below I have marked the only 3 paths going from Flag outside while NO single line heads to this FlagBase.
No_SpecsToFlag.PNG
Do you want to get it fixed ?
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:24 pm Te, he, finally I have opportunity to show a sort of goofing which tutorials are saying...
Thought you'd appreciate that.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Take a look at this one - newer author removed, map belongs to Elliot and Myscha and Cannon...
CTF-Morbias_Rv20.7z
(138.1 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
See if it needs more pathing or whatever stunts... SpawnPoints have been deleted because there is nothing to spawn in here.
Inserting monsters able to fly, team-ready, is accepted, map has aerial paths with reachSpecs accordingly.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I'll give it a try tonite, but personally this map is by my standards too small for that.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In big parts I'm agree here. In other situations, smaller maps are developing a bigger war. I think it will be placed in my gaming ground...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

That worked well. Bots are grabbing flags and taking them back to their bases...
Attachments
Shot0011.png
Shot0002.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Good... Actually this topic has made me to do an examination at reporting style granted by Mr. Garbage. I think it do looks pretty lousy even if it's about a Log.
Perhaps if someone else will want a team-work (I doubt), as long as I would like to setup another log formula - like a "statlog" or whatever, similar to XConsole, printing a HTML thing with a bit of colors. So far for me is enough this way (I changed it a bit) but I think some design won't hurt anything.

Code: Select all

Specs: ___________________________________________
Specs: FlagBase0 - UpstreamPaths[0]=39 Start=PathNode3 End=FlagBase0 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=180
Connected: PathNode3 to FlagBase0.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[0]=38 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode3 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=180
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode3.
Specs: FlagBase0 - UpstreamPaths[1]=59 Start=PathNode2 End=FlagBase0 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=188
Connected: PathNode2 to FlagBase0.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[1]=58 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode2 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=188
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode2.
Specs: FlagBase0 - UpstreamPaths[2]=121 Start=PathNode9 End=FlagBase0 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=249
Connected: PathNode9 to FlagBase0.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[2]=120 Start=FlagBase0 End=PathNode9 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=249
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode9.
Specs: FlagBase0 - UpstreamPaths[3]=156 Start=LiftExit3 End=FlagBase0 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=281
Connected: LiftExit3 to FlagBase0.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[3]=157 Start=FlagBase0 End=LiftExit3 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=281
Connected: FlagBase0 to LiftExit3.
Specs: FlagBase1 - UpstreamPaths[0]=55 Start=PathNode7 End=FlagBase1 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=188
Connected: PathNode7 to FlagBase1.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[0]=54 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode7 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=188
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode7.
Specs: FlagBase1 - UpstreamPaths[1]=85 Start=PathNode6 End=FlagBase1 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=207
Connected: PathNode6 to FlagBase1.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[1]=84 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode6 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=207
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode6.
Specs: FlagBase1 - UpstreamPaths[2]=129 Start=PathNode10 End=FlagBase1 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=256
Connected: PathNode10 to FlagBase1.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[2]=128 Start=FlagBase1 End=PathNode10 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=256
Connected: FlagBase1 to PathNode10.
Specs: FlagBase1 - UpstreamPaths[3]=148 Start=LiftExit1 End=FlagBase1 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=278
Connected: LiftExit1 to FlagBase1.
Specs: FlagBase1 - Paths[3]=149 Start=FlagBase1 End=LiftExit1 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=278
Connected: FlagBase1 to LiftExit1.
Specs: ReachSpecs Flags summary:
Flg: R_WALK = 1
Flg: R_FLY = 2
Flg: R_SWIM = 4
Flg: R_JUMP = 8
Flg: R_DOOR = 16
Flg: R_SPECIAL = 32
Flg: R_PLAYERONLY = 64
This is a report from revised map posted above - I'm sorry for that computer name assigned - I couldn't resist after looking at map 2 minutes...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

On the other hand... it's too small for 2 UTDMW, but maybe not 1.
Attachments
Shot0179.png
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Like a mindless person which I might be I don't get why these UTDM.. X things cannot be 0.5 at DrawScale - smaller so to speak - for being more useful if they navigate through map - reachspecs data in plain UT has limitations toward size, like I said, the bigger is the stupid.
Too bad that EPIC decided to not show collision data and zero support for changing these...
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:25 pmLike a mindless person which I might be I don't get why these UTDM.. X things cannot be 0.5 at DrawScale - smaller so to speak
Everything has it's default size, but we've all seen monsters made larger on maps so it's not impossible for anyone that wants to take the time to do the math and shrink them evenly.

What I'd like to do is find someone to make more. I'd like a Queen and maybe a SkaarjBerserker too.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Math is not necessary, pawns with a different drawscale are taking care about their size by themselves right in PreBeginPlay()... if are not "fixed" by some genius.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Had a problem editing UTDMW onto 2 Dr. Evil maps because those Warlords had some kinda weird conflict with both maps' Warp Zones, which caused a lengthy error I couldn't understand but ended with "recursive infinite loop".

So clearly they're not for every map.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

As a personal opinion of mine - Ignore me if any of you don't want to hear this - WarpZones are a FLAWED experiment of Epic - see WarpZoneMarker "//fixme" remark, not a single map had troubles here and these are giving to human player an advantage in front of A.I. pawn. You simply can wait it with a bio-charge when it comes out or warp (when happens) or you can deliver a rocket to a defender and moron won't even blink while is splashed on walls... I think I'll do a selection how I did in MonsterHunt but in reversal - in MonsterHunt maps folder I was looking for string MonsterEnd - ServerTravel, whatever map did not include these I moved it to trash folder, here if something contains WarpZoneInfo or such, it will be moved away - MAYBE - because I have maps with warps which... are working fine, but not all of them... It's easy to see later known names and moving them back, leaving outside those mindless done "warps" useless in Bot/Monster games.
KillRoy1972
Experienced

Post by KillRoy1972 »

Did you set the game type to CTF?