DM-RMC-GanymedeVI

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
mannodermaus
Novice

DM-RMC-GanymedeVI

Post by mannodermaus »

Hello everybody! I'm the new guy.

I'm sure that many of you would have a similar story to tell, but for me, UT99 was the shit back in the day: As a kid, I used to play countless hours with my friends, and ultimately we became interested in creating our own maps to play with. They were obviously trash and didn't get past a basic mover - that was the extent of our abilities at the time. I was so happy to learn a couple weeks ago that UT99 still has a passionate community around it to this day, so I bought a fresh copy of the game and jumped back into it. The nostalgia, man.

Today marks the initial release of my first ever map for the public, Ganymede VI.
ganymede-vi-screens.jpg
DM-RMC-GanymedeVI.zip
(7.5 MiB) Downloaded 71 times

It was created for the RiDiCuLoUs Mapping Contest, and I hope that its size still qualifies. :D As per the contest requirements, Ganymede VI is a tiny deathmatch arena for 2-3 players, set in a run-down monster creation facility. Make sure to stay away from the console on the top floor, lest the monster production will resume... (Re-)Learning the editor again, bot pathing was one of the most challenging parts of the experience, since there are a few jumps & one-way doors in this map. I believe that the camping and getting-stuck-at-the-door have been reduced to a minimum, however any feedback regarding the apple placement from you veterans would be greatly appreciated!

All custom assets (textures, sounds) are embedded into the map through MyLevel, with the exception of the music track. I wrote it specifically for usage in UT99 and am kind-of releasing that for all of you to use, too. It's an original composition but I think you can still hear Foregone being an inspiration, haha.

I'm looking forward to your feedback.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Re: DM-RMC-GanymedeVI

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Welcome aboard, what a way to debut here :D

Hoping to give some feedback tomorrow. Looks pretty interesting from the pics.
[rev]rato.skt
Adept

Post by [rev]rato.skt »

I really liked the music :)
Brazilian Server:
Alma Negra - 34.95.189.187:7777
Classic - madruga.utbr.cf:7777
Duel - x1.utbr.cf:6666
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Very cool-looking map! Also, sounds like a nice way to make your debut on here, introducing yourself AND posting a map that you have made!
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Really not a bad effort for a first map, pretty good music, I see some attempts at detail, quite good!