What is the best UnrealEd sub-version (in version 2) for UT99?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
tedomedo
Novice

What is the best UnrealEd sub-version (in version 2) for UT99?

Post by tedomedo »

And where can i download and use it for free? :)
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: What is the best UnrealEd sub-version (in version 2) for UT99?

Post by OjitroC »

There is a standalone version of UEd 2 (UnrealEditor v2.1) - this can be found at ut-files and on medor's site - it's also available elsewhere so try a search using your favourite searchengine. There is, I think, a difference of opinion as to whether this is or is not a good version to use - I use it because my UEd 2.0 is broken and have no problems with it but I don't map so perhaps I wouldn't.
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Either 2.0 or 2.1 work fine for mapping. 2.1 is probably better, though, in my opinion. Less crashes and more bugfixes and all.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

The best is... are TWO Editors.
While these days I had to stay more time in the house, I was building some cubes - a sort of map.
Because I aligned at grid everything as possible, I did not see major BSP problems - maybe tiny small little HOMs. "Fascinating" was... Lightning. Some old log from whatever NewNet reported me a lightning problem a few months/years ago. I thought that was a joke... but it's not... Editor coming with UT436/440 it's okay at making whatever ambience but... when comes to some ugly shadows coming from nowhere and various squared shadows, problem was solved by only using Editor from 451b or such (even if that thing it's 90% useless for working) - I don't know which version is that and how it's numbered/counted. What I want to say it's I have two-in-one shared structures accessing the same maps folder and... I'm working using two Editors for the same map... Creating geometry, saving, closing, loading in next one, building, saving again, closing, testing... Lol Editors...