[SOLVED] Help with building DM-Megaplex / RA-Inoxx

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: Help with building DM-Megaplex / RA-Inoxx

Post by Red_Fist »

Then I need links to those maps, also confusing was "RA" but you had "DM" just post links to the other maps you need.

There might be different problems with the others but I still need to see what they did. or PM them, the file attachment thingy you need to scroll down in PM.

If they are like the one you had it doesn't take that long to fix things, the rest is up to you.
Binary Space Partitioning
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

Red_Fist wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:57 am Then I need links to those maps, also confusing was "RA" but you had "DM" just post links to the other maps you need.

There might be different problems with the others but I still need to see what they did. or PM them, the file attachment thingy you need to scroll down in PM.

If they are like the one you had it doesn't take that long to fix things, the rest is up to you.
Well, you'll need the Rocket Arena gametype, which comes with several official maps made by the Epic Games staff. It's a nice mod to have in any case:

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rocket-arenaut

Then just do your magic on RA-Inoxx.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

no I don't need that. I just need the maps because I don't want to look for them.
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

Red_Fist wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:56 am no I don't need that. I just need the maps because I don't want to look for them.
No, this is the original map, the base. I'll be using it to create these other maps and there don't seem to be alternative DM versions out there, which aren't broken beyond repair. But I can split RA-Inoxx into the remaining three maps and send them to you, if that's better for you.
Last edited by TourianTourist on Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I have the UT99 stock (GOTY) RA maps, but have no clue about the names of them like you have up there. Basically to save confusion

I can't tell if those map names are other non stock maps they made or maps you found that are different than the stock maps.

Plus I never heard of "Dreamcast maps" before :noidea
TourianTourist
Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

Red_Fist wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:20 am I have the UT99 stock (GOTY) RA maps, but have no clue about the names of them like you have up there. Basically to save confusion
Edit: I'll send you the three DM maps that I've made from splitting RA-Inoxx via PM.

Red_Fist wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:20 am Plus I never heard of "Dreamcast maps" before
The PS2 and Dreamcast versions of UT had several exclusive maps. All of the Dreamcast exclusive maps were build from the Rocket Arenas, like in this case RA-Inoxx got turned into four small DM maps. They are actually rather fun and I want to recreate them exactly like they were on the Dreamcast, with item placements, player starts and such. And I'm almost done except for these few.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I need the original files before you did anything. I need to see what is going on without guessing.

EDIT, never mind, I think I see where you left off.

EDIT_________________
PM,,Sent maps, test them out before you do things, add things.

Novice

Post by TourianTourist »

The maps work great now. Thanks a lot again to Red_Fist for the help!

Topic can be closed.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

TourianTourist wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:54 am Topic can be closed.
We usually won't close topics if there is no derailing, namecalling or necrobumping involved.
I'll edit the first post and Title with a [SOLVED] :wink: