DM-Castellum Final

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: DM-Castellum-BETA

Post by sektor2111 »

What exactly is supposed MapGabage to do if you did not set anything to True ?
That's not a crash, it's the way how it shows itself working.

MapGarbage it's a kind of builder, so it works exactly as a builder, mark True the request and then watch results, it doesn't do anything by default if everything it's False.
McFrag
Average

Re: DM-Castellium-BETA

Post by McFrag »

OjitroC wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:12 am Did you right click on the icon? Left clicking will bring up that message (and subsequent progress messages) but right clicking brings up the tool and its options.
ups, my faults. Its even described in the manual... Works like a charm now.
Lets see which options I have to set to true in order to get the repathing magic done. I'm very curious to check this out tonight :)
McFrag
Average

Re: DM-Castellum-BETA

Post by McFrag »

Hi again!

I guess this beta nr. 3 will be the last update prior to the final version:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhO0_2oZHvVCg-gCiqP ... Q?e=tKcbeX

Unless of cause it makes sense to apply further improvements.

Updates:
- Updated Pathing
- Minor Texture adjustments
- Credits to you in the txt! (Big thanks again!)

Next steps: waiting for the music file, starting a new project :idea:
McFrag
Average

Re: DM-Castellum-BETA3

Post by McFrag »

I've been playing the map with different numbers of bots up until 8 and I figured that it even works with 8. (but it is a crazy mayhem though :) )
I guess I can change the number of recommended player to 2 - 8.
What number of bots where you playing with? Do you think 7 and 8 will be to crazy?
Thanks!
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Really fun map, think 7 bots isn't too crazy for it, though I was playing with 5 and had a blast. :)
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

In those LiftCenter actors you have defined some LiftTrigger - these are nowhere but they are matching Lift Tag - Definitely Bot won't move inside Lift for moving Lift, it's not even needed such thing here because Bot is recognizing a LiftTrigger connected Event-Tag. Such "LiftTrigger" must match the tag of something firing lift in a more complex way - a dispatcher connected to trigger firing some sounds lights ect., and moving lift in the same time. Here aren't used such Events chain.
McFrag
Average

Post by McFrag »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 5:56 pm In those LiftCenter actors you have defined some LiftTrigger - these are nowhere but they are matching Lift Tag - Definitely Bot won't move inside Lift for moving Lift, it's not even needed such thing here because Bot is recognizing a LiftTrigger connected Event-Tag. Such "LiftTrigger" must match the tag of something firing lift in a more complex way - a dispatcher connected to trigger firing some sounds lights ect., and moving lift in the same time. Here aren't used such Events chain.
Ok, so I can just delete the lift trigger and they will keep working for the bots? I'll give it a try

=MERGED=
McFrag wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 6:29 pm Ok, so I can just delete the lift trigger and they will keep working for the bots? I'll give it a try
It didn't really work with deleting the triggers. The elevators didn't work at all after deleting them. I guess I'm just going to leave them as they are as they seem to be working.
Last edited by papercoffee on Wed May 20, 2020 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
McFrag
Average

Post by McFrag »

Hello again,

today I received the song the map was still waiting for, so I'm happy to be able to release the release candidate 1 of the map. This means that if no issues are found that the map is finally done :)

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhO0_2oZHvVCg-gu8xSw0tzT09VUSA

Changes:
- Added custom made song composed especially for this map (its a bit big though....)
- Improved Pathing
- Slightly changes item placement
- Fixed one unaligned texture
- FInal archive incl. readme and shreenshots

Any feedback is welcome :)

Coming close to the release, I wonder where are map releases nowadays getting announced (besides here)?
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: DM-Castellum-RC1

Post by OjitroC »

Looks good from the screenshots - haven't played it yet but I will. Here's a few things from sektor's MapGarbage tool

Code: Select all

UnReachableNodes: PathNode20 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: PathNode40 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: LiftCenter1 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: PathNode3 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: Here we have 0 points skipped, 4  Navigation Points which are too high and 127 good ones.

VoidCheck: Light11 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: 1 actor looks placed into void, check that possible useless garbage.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Wrong understanding. Triggers as Actors Must STAY, do not delete triggers. I was talking about LiftCenter actors mentioning LiftTag identical with LiftTrigger variables - it's a different thing, remove that "LiftTrigger", variable NOT the Trigger itself.

Next option out of triggers means a lift with InitialState StandOpenTImed - in such initial state triggers are not needed.

About MapGarbage report, some must-know hints:
- A LiftCenter might be reported higher because there is a lift having some Z dimensions, Lift-Mover won't return results at FastTrace in Editor - Scout needs to walk through map for pathing and then such a lift is out of collision in Editor - doesn't matter if this is button, door, lift or a Lever they won't block Pawns or FastTraces scanning. If these would collide like a normal wall, paths passing through doors entrances would never be mapped.

Extra: In next update I think I'll setup another paths tester thing for various corruptions - I wanna know how many navigation points might be lost from NavigationPointList - I think I have a clue how to setup testing stage... perhaps recommending a re-link... not everything in the same move because of iterations boundary but... allowing user to chain these actors as they should be.
McFrag
Average

Post by McFrag »

Hi there,

what comes after RC1? Yeah, RC2! But this time I'm confident that this is the final version :ironic2:

Link to RC2:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhO0_2oZHvVCg-gu8xS ... A?e=WcxE5e

Link to a cool Video about it from Sören (The musician):

Change log:
- Updated and slightly smaller music file
- Fixed Pathnode and Lift Center heights
- Further (hopefully) imroved pathing
- The both end lifts now stay open until players leave them.

Thanks once again to all of you who helped making this getting better and better again and again! I is so mush appreciated!

If no show stopper shows up until Tuesday evening this will become the final version.
:highfive:
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: DM-Castellum-RC2

Post by EvilGrins »

Cool song, you aim too high.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I can get on the roof, unless you wanted that. Nice map man.
Binary Space Partitioning
McFrag
Average

Post by McFrag »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:12 am I can get on the roof, unless you wanted that. Nice map man.
Argh. Actually the roof has a kill zone. Or at least is supposed to have one. How did you there? I need to check what went wrong...
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Leave everything the way it is, just add a trigger and a special event to kill.

Not a killspot thingy.

Because the special event style will show up as kills, it's just more correct otherwise a kill trigger thingy that I can't think of the name of it right now LOL will work just fine.

I impact jumped to the side.
Binary Space Partitioning