UT DragonCastle

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

UT DragonCastle

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

This is a conversion/rework of the semi unfinished DmDragonCastle included with the last UPSX release.

By UnrealGecko, with additional fixes from me.

Since there wasn't time back then for the UT version to be included, I am including it as an addon download and also to be released with Episode 2 full.

download from moddb

direct download
esnesi
Godlike
Personal rank: Dialed in.

Re: UT DragonCastle

Post by esnesi »

Thanks alot guys!

Can't get enough of these recovered projects!

Got these;
ImpalerUT.u
PeaceMakerU.u
PSkyFix.utx
SpringBoard.u

But i don't got "UPB-Newmca-12"

Would be nice if you zip them up completely.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

esnesi wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 6:23 pm But i don't got "UPB-Newmca-12"
Here you go!
UPB-Newmca12.umx.zip
(349.49 KiB) Downloaded 14 times
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

incomplete zip was here.
Last edited by esnesi on Mon May 18, 2020 8:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

esnesi wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 pm Complete zip here:
Well, actually the map uses the PSXGatlingGun and the PSXFlame_UT as well as a couple of relatively uncommon textures so I don't know much of that you want to include?
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Basically this uses most of the features that is used on the UPSX campaign. Best to have that installed to have all the packages in.

It's super tight and not the best for a proper DM (an upscale would definetly help out, I'd imagine), BUT it's a pretty good showcase of the custom weapons in the campaign. I have big respect for Leo and I hope to help him out further with this project. :)
esnesi
Godlike

Post by esnesi »

OjitroC wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:52 pm
esnesi wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:42 pm Complete zip here:
Well, actually the map uses the PSXGatlingGun and the PSXFlame_UT as well as a couple of relatively uncommon textures so I don't know much of that you want to include?
aah check, oke nvm then.
Guess i could find those on my server as i still host that pack, but got more things to do ;p
I also guess i still host the older version, as i didn't have that file.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

Yes you should definitely try the later version as it has all the episode 1 maps and fixes including E1L8 and the initial U version of DragonCastle.

JackHonda is now working on Unreal PSX and has made a lot of cool stuff for E2L1 and now working on E2L2A. I made news about it on the moddb page.

EDIT: This also means that should anything happen to me I consider him the most competent person to lead the project after me, too. But he will need help if that happens for sure, in terms of coding and possibly other stuff. He has all the UPSX original files and is familiar with the design documents and what not.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Wish I knew what is what, all different files, what goes in Unreal, Unreal Gold ? or UT or both ? cram everything in UT ? old versions ? new versions ?

What files don't we want or need ?

What zip does what, it's all very confusing as I don't follow closely for the timeline of what was released.

I will just have to copy every file to Ugold and UT and see what happens.
Binary Space Partitioning
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Red_Fist wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 6:21 pm Wish I knew what is what, all different files, what goes in Unreal, Unreal Gold ? or UT or both ? cram everything in UT ? old versions ? new versions ?

What files don't we want or need ?

What zip does what, it's all very confusing as I don't follow closely for the timeline of what was released.

I will just have to copy every file to Ugold and UT and see what happens.
It is a bit confusing - if you don't have a lot of PSX stuff, I would suggest go the Rise of Jath thread (viewtopic.php?f=59&t=3408) and work your way backwards from the last post until you come to the latest full version download, or do the same on moddb (it's fairly clear in the actual download which files are for UT or Unreal etc). It's worth doing as the maps and other stuff (weapons, pickups, etc) are pretty cool.
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

All you need (ignoring the separate releases or patches) is Unreal PSX Episode 0 (optional), Unreal PSX Episode 1 Part 1, then Episode 1 Part 2 1.1 (patched up) and that's it. It has separate UT directories and all that and music files for either Unreal or UT in similar directories like "forunreal" etcetera if some package came from UT so you don't need to have both games to enjoy this but there is special content for each and with Episode 1 Part 2 there is even some stuff that works differently on OldUnreal patch 227i (the only one so far that's the most stable with unreal psx content and doesn't introduce weirdness in some maps like broken/interrupted interpolation sequences and so on that even the wip version "j" suffers from in E1L3A.

But the extra content/features for the 227i patch are there mostly due to yrex's involvement and you shouldn't expect that from the next release as yrex is no longer involved with it apart from contributing a texture so far to the Episode2 textures package.