Lava Monsters

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: Lava Monsters

Post by sektor2111 »

And that Creature/ThingFactory has bFalling set to True. Why would do this setup if pawn should not fall ?
Lol settings...
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

sektor2111 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:13 pmWhy would do this setup if pawn should not fall?
As it was originally for a Warlord, I think it was supposed to fall.

Whether it spawns in from a great height or gets hit with a redeemer and flung across a map without dying, Warlords usually tend to start flying after they fall a certain distance. Unlike some other monsters, even flying ones, that plummet to the ground.

Seems to be a theme with Hobi-Wan. Most of his CTF maps have at least 1 CreatureFactory on them, sometimes as many as 3. Because bots on Red Team can't typically perceive monsters outside of MonsterHunt, I've editing them to largely spit out harmless monsters.

I did try to UTDMW & UTDMT from them, but given those beasties all generate their own spawn point and unless you team specify them they attack everything including others of their own kind, it gets pretty chaotic real quick! Although red team bots can see them, which is something I guess.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Technically these type of CTF games would need their own setup and stuff not exactly this way, a common Warlord as it was. If original map would be a good piece as optimizations, a patch plugin would destroy Factory and/or moving elsewhere spawnpoint - Why there and why falling ?
But... map is overcrowded in paths, settings aren't okay - for me original map has a no go without patching in run-time... Because it takes time to solve everything in a plugin - which might not have a future, I edited and I got a version less loaded and... seriously, I have my monsters and CTF controller for majority of CTF maps, I don't need embedded monsters in my games. Why ? Because monsters and controller used have a normal TEAM deal not "attempts" and "let me see" things, and... Accessed None errors. Those are history for me.