Close to the edge in a Crazy Cat Lady sort of way

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Close to the edge in a Crazy Cat Lady sort of way

Post by EvilGrins »

This is a pretty fun CTF map but it had too many pupae on it... so I replaced them with cats.

During one of his many instances of leaving Unreal Tournament forever, something JackGriffin does semi-frequently... but always comes back, he gave me access to a bunch of his stuff. One of those things was the HubCat.u which is a pretty useless Simaese. It only mews and walks around and occasionally scampers.

I suppose it could be configured to attack people but I can't imagine it would be much of a threat.

Like any real cat, these cats are largely pointless (yes I'm a dog person) and are frequently underfoot. Unlike most Unreal monsters, these cats actually can drown... but no matter how you kill them they make a racket when they die.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
.png - pwetty

Enjoy!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lg3slmcqo ... heEdge.zip
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Close to the edge in a Crazy Cat Lady sort of way

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:39 am This is a pretty fun CTF map but it had too many pupae on it... so I replaced them with cats.
It is an interesting and fun map - as currently set up it is slightly unbalanced for CTF
sektor's MapGarbage tool wrote:CTFReport: --- Reporting AlternatePaths setup: ---
CTFReport: For Team 0 = 6 pieces.
CTFReport: For Team 1 = 7 pieces.

StartingChecks: Map has 9 PlayerStart Actors for team 0.
StartingChecks: Map has 8 PlayerStart Actors for team 1.

DefenseChecks: Map has 1 DefensePoint Actors for team 0.
DefenseChecks: Map has 0 DefensePoint Actors for team 1. Check if this is wrong.
EvilGrins wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:39 am One of those things was the HubCat.u which is a pretty useless Simaese. It only mews and walks around and occasionally scampers.
I suppose it could be configured to attack people but I can't imagine it would be much of a threat.
It is perhaps only fair to point out that it was intended to be useless - as the readme for the HubCat says
Spoiler
This is not a monster. It's a subclass of flockpawn so it's more of a decoration. I use it in my hub map though and have been asked for it. In the hub I spawn hubcats around the space station and you must kill them all to clean up and recieve a prize.

Hubcats will spawn and roam around, meowing and being retarded and noisy like fucking cats always are. If they bump into you they will try to run away but if you run over them or shoot them they will die a warrior's death.
Whilst on readmes, it might be a good idea to include the readme for the original CTF-CloseToTheEdge in the distro so that people are aware who made the map and have some info about its origins, etc.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: Close to the edge in a Crazy Cat Lady sort of way

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:21 ammight be a good idea to include the readme for the original CTF-CloseToTheEdge in the distro so that people are aware who made the map and have some info about its origins, etc.
I will try linking to the original download in the future, if I can find it.

Not all of what I edit is on UnrealArchive.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758