Bot pathing request for a THUNDERBOLT map

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Bot pathing request for a THUNDERBOLT map

Post by EvilGrins »

Download · https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... be875.html

This is an extensive and fun map, but unless you're playing it online you're on your own, as with much of Thunderbolt's early work... there's no pathing to speak of.

When I 1st spawned in I thought I had the best team... but as they're bots I really only saw them in the starting room.

Some things I wanna change too, most notably swap the Unreal1 weapons with their ut99 versions; most of the map has ut99 weapons and gear but not all.

Also wanna skin the monsters that're triggers for the doors, you kill them and they drop a redeemer and open a door... but they don't look so great.

Figured there might be some interest... I understand some prefer editing MH instead of CTF.
Attachments
Shot0100.png
Shot0103.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Barbie
Godlike

Re: Bot pathing request for a THUNDERBOLT map

Post by Barbie »

Mapper has removed the brushes, so the map cannot be rebuild.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Barbie wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 amMapper has removed the brushes, so the map cannot be rebuild.
No brushes means pathing cannot be added?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Barbie wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 am Mapper has removed the brushes, so the map cannot be rebuild.
EG did not ask map modification/rebuild, he asked about Bot Support...
Why would rebuild map ? Jeez...

If map it's not a sort of giant against DevPath I might look at it. Usually his maps have bubbles and then...
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

Please EG! Start learning finally bot pathing, and also stop spamming with bullshit comments the whole forum, lolz.
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

You can always try this. lol
Attachments
evilgrinsfun.jpg
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:16 am
Barbie wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:03 amMapper has removed the brushes, so the map cannot be rebuild.
No brushes means pathing cannot be added?
Possibly the brushes have been removed to reinforce this (from the readme)

Code: Select all

This level is copyright 2012, by THUNDERBOLT.
Authors or Mappers may NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels without explicit
permission from the Original Author.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Not getting these anyway:

Code: Select all

ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.IntroDude0 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Merc'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.IntroDude1 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Brute1'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.IntroDude2 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'KrallM'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.IntroDude3 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Skaarjw'
ScriptWarning: IntroDude MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.IntroDude4 (State Botpack.IntroDude.IntroDude:0053) PlayAnim: Sequence 'stand' not found in Mesh 'Titan1'
Log: Devilfish5 fell out of the world! //Poor little fish
ScriptWarning: Bloblet MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.Bloblet0 (Function UnrealI.Bloblet.Died:0014) Accessed None //Wrong setup anyway
ScriptWarning: TWT_ZombieTraje1 MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.TWT_ZombieTraje6 (Function TWT_Zombies.TWT_ZombiePawn.Attacking.ChooseAttackMode:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TWT_ZombieGordo MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.TWT_ZombieGordo8 (Function TWT_Zombies.TWT_ZombiePawn.Attacking.ChooseAttackMode:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TWT_ZombieGordo MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.TWT_ZombieGordo3 (Function TWT_Zombies.TWT_ZombiePawn.Attacking.ChooseAttackMode:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TWT_ZombieNurse MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.TWT_ZombieNurse8 (Function TWT_Zombies.TWT_ZombiePawn.Attacking.ChooseAttackMode:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TWT_ZombieTraje2 MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.TWT_ZombieTraje5 (Function TWT_Zombies.TWT_ZombiePawn.Attacking.ChooseAttackMode:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TWT_ZombieGordo MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.TWT_ZombieGordo13 (Function TWT_Zombies.TWT_ZombiePawn.Attacking.ChooseAttackMode:0031) Accessed None
ScriptWarning: TWT_ZombieTraje3 MH-AlitaBattleAngel_NG_R2020.TWT_ZombieTraje19 (Function TWT_Zombies.TWT_ZombiePawn.Attacking.ChooseAttackMode:0031) Accessed None //And this mutator called it's not for MH mapping
Did any of these mappers ask permissions for spreading SPAM in log files ?
TexasGtar wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:45 am You can always try this. lol
You can check map yourself and see if advice works in this context, lol.

Back in stage.
Map might support Bot action in this geometry but I need to check if DevPath won't get over boundaries, it takes a bit of time for adjusting paths Post-XC-Automated pathing process. I don't need all paths created. Then I have to check some spots at random, then establishing MH objectives, then hacking lousy actors spamming log, then myleveling those zombies and breaking that stupid link to their NONE mutator called inside map, then setting up actors removed temporary because are incompatible with UGold Editor needed here.
Forum|User wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 am Please EG! Start learning finally bot pathing, and also stop spamming with bullshit comments the whole forum, lolz.
Feel free to try yourself some pathing here, I'm curious what are your recommendations... I'm open at learning new tweaks all time...

For the moment I have paths over "future-ground" in advance blocked by BlockedPaths locking routes until doors are opened.
AlBat0.PNG
@EG - such maps for me are an interesting challenge. In order to not annoy "annoyable" members around which are not loving MonsterHunt played with Bots you can try to hit me with a PM even elsewhere. They are UNABLE to do such type of MH paths here but are getting louder for no reason.

THIS IS DIFFICULT to do for MAJORITY of you after all. For the record: I'm asking if you can setup paths like here using that junk which editor has and map has everything stripped for preventing any future re-build - if you understand what is about with these Yellow lines :agree1: , ahah...
AlBat1.PNG
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Forum|User wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:15 amPlease EG! Start learning finally bot pathing, and also stop spamming with bullshit comments the whole forum, lolz.
Would you prefer I just keep it to Higor's thread?
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12571
sektor2111 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 pm@EG - such maps for me are an interesting challenge. In order to not annoy "annoyable" members around which are not loving MonsterHunt played with Bots you can try to hit me with a PM even elsewhere. They are UNABLE to do such type of MH paths here but are getting louder for no reason.
But it often seems multiple people are interested in my requests... and I did send 1 request to the HoF's forum.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:08 pm if you understand what is about with these Yellow lines :agree1: , ahah...
No - what are the yellow lines?
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Yellow lines...
In first moment it was only one - "a jumper" reachSpecs going from higher place to lower place, nothing going up to teleporter as long as in this case Editor has Nothing as a base for ground navigation. Base is a mover (inside floor) coming later after dispatching messages. Right now we do have "the other" reachSpec telling to pawn about a possible route immediately after unlocking the BlockedPath located on top.

Technically in oldskool style here would be required some... "blind" teleporters for creating these routes or lift combos (causing more reachSpecs). But... No... here I simply connected two STOCK Navigation Actors claiming a reachSpec which Editor will never do by itself - not here out of brushes. The "How To" was described in PathsLinker thread at HOF. In this case we do have Navigation chain done, we don't need to re-link all points, here we need only required "ramping" reachSpecs heading at BlockedPaths actors unlocked only at once with corresponding doors. These new reachSpecs could have ReachFlag 1 = R_Walk, but doesn't hurt ReachFlag 9 = 1 + 8 = R_Walk + R_Jump.
Their collision and if location is navigable was tested in another previous session with map unsaved and mover opened in Editor and showing polygons where Editor confirmed a navigable ground path even for a Titan (he won't really jump anyway). As result, all these ramps were pathed later (reopened Editor and map) using 115 × 110 collision data allowing majority of stock "souls" to roam around - if any of them wants to go for a walk in the moonlight.
Yellow lines (aka reachSpecs) are those showing not only direction but ReachFlag for Yellow is 9, which means R_Walk, R_Jump (on this ground) - definitely Bots are accomplishing navigation flags required for these reachSpecs in order to have permission for a pass-through. These two yellow lines means a TWO-WAY route recommending jumping-capable pawns. The rest of paths from higher area to lower area I deleted because I don't need them and neither Bots and we want to speed-up DevPath as much as possible.

Edit: I think it's done.. or at least I'm done with this.
Second area has some problem. While I was hunting with a few Bots in last room, I noticed about 6-7 of them missing. They were stuck in some spot around a waypoint from Mercs to Gasbags at end of road. Extraction ship coming at once with that teleporter extractor caused a BSP problem deviating Projectiles and locking Bots. I had to move WayPoint away from that place - NaliFruit which was there went invisible - locked too. There are chances to catch Bots there which isn't very funny. Mainly Map has paths but Movers seem to cause ugly things... Due to some zoning troubles post cleanup I build BSP and lightning. Not only the copy was like that but even original map did the same thing. I tested DevPath with my pathing mutator and... it's a lazy reaction or None reaction at random, I think it's too big and borked and probably cannot be fixed without brushes...
Sudden_Barrier0.png
Sudden_Barrier1.png
For me this is not a map for public game-play, it's just another failure.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I thought we made a bot-pathing thread for all this stuff.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Not really "a thread", maybe more, we need Bot Pathing everywhere even outside of maps...
MoreThanOneTopic.png
To not forget 4th by Higor not shown in "Similar Spam Topics".
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

All of them get started by ONE member.

:wth:

Edit---------------
Evil Grins... keep those request in one thread. Slowly I'm getting annoyed by all your requests.
As Forum|User already mentioned... after all this years, START PATHING YOURSELF finally!

We are more then happy to assist you on your journey.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

It's so simple, just start placing nodes through the main routs of a map. If you get stuck later, go read how to do lift exits and lift centers.

Then use view, to see if paths are connected or too many, then delete some.
Binary Space Partitioning