UT99 Stock Textures, Sounds, Music, Maps, U files Mega List

You got some nice collection of textures/sounds/music etc. for UT share them here.
Custer
Novice

Re: UT99 Stock Textures, Sounds, Music, Maps, U files Mega List

Post by Custer »

Newbie post, but... can I offer a suggestion here?

Both the server and client .ini files (unrealtournament.inifor the client, server can be any name) contains lines that defines the file paths to all assets - it's possible to specify additional filestructures to keep assets segregated.

For example, I have a stock ut99 dir with maps, music, sounds, textures, etc.

Then I have an additional directory called "include" containing those four sub-directories, in which I have mirrors of my server content. This means new maps added to my servers don't need to be downloaded and cached, but this content is kept separate from stock assets.

I also have another directory called "proposed" containing the same four subdirs, into which I can add maps to playtest. I know stuff in here won't appear on my server, and I can flush those directories out knowing the information in there is temporary.

In my .ini file, I have the following lines:

Code: Select all

Paths=../system/*.u
Paths=../maps/*.unr
Paths=../music/*.umx
Paths=../sounds/*.uax
Paths=../textures/*.utx
; === server-included stuff:
Paths=../include/maps/*.unr
Paths=../include/music/*.umx
Paths=../include/sounds/*.uax
Paths=../include/textures/*.utx
; === for playtesting:
Paths=../proposed/maps/*.unr
Paths=../proposed/music/*.umx
Paths=../proposed/sounds/*.uax
Paths=../proposed/textures/*.utx
The idea here is so that any new files won't contaminate my base install and if everything goes bad, I can safely remove the include & proposed areas to roll it back to an (almost) virgin build.

Note: annoyingly, it's not possible to have Paths=../include/system/*.u(i.e.: a different system directory) - if they're not in ../system/ then they don't get picked up. Somehow, this works for UT2004 but not for 99.

Hope that helps, people!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: UT99 Stock Textures, Sounds, Music, Maps, U files Mega List

Post by sektor2111 »

In mean-time, I'm using a normal client version and a working version in separate folders on the same partition. Both of these are using the same cache path declared elsewhere on another physical drive/partition with more space... and it works.

Code: Select all

CachePath=E:/UTNET/Cache
Paths=E:/UTNET/*.tmp
Paths=../Logs/*.log
Paths=../System/*.u
Partitions used are not System Partitions aka "C:" and then any User Account has rights to write and read them out of issues...