EditorTools

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: EditorTools

Post by sektor2111 » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:43 pm

Previous code, like you said, returns a round to the nearest grid integer - lower or upper, for me it's pretty useful. Some BSPCuts from a map have been mitigated due to a new alignment, of course they had a few bad polys... there probably doesn't worth wasting time, it's missing game-flow... that's another story.

But right now I think I can do nice aligned things thanks to these goodies.

Buggie
Skilled

Post by Buggie » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:14 pm

You check latest version?

Code: Select all

loc.x = int(int((loc.x/GridSize.x) + 0.5)*GridSize.x + 0.5)

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:36 am

Yep... it's flawless.
Edit:
I've added a couple of information if selected actors are aligned already or they have been aligned during current alignment request and all those selection checkers. Right now I'm looking again at scripts. Here is involved a check: old location data - new location data proposed, because if data is matching, actor won't be moved. I think that SetLocation is generating junk bytes like OldLocation which doesn't make any sense to fill map with these left-over "history" things, this is not run-time, it's an editing session.

Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:54 am

All I know is now the damn 2d editor makes a tessellated brush from a simple extrusion. From installing all this editor crap. (pissed)

However I am in need of a new install anyway.
Binary Space Partitioning

Buggie
Skilled

Post by Buggie » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:06 am

Not connected with this tools.
Also you can select brush - poligons - merge. Rebuild geometry and all coplanar poligons must act as one.
If surtfaces not merged - try unalign/align to floor/wall all surfaces of brush. And repeat merge again.

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:29 am

Mmm... I went back to simple INT rounding.
I tried to align 91 triggers... They weren't really aligned for some reason and returned bad coordinates...
Previous method worked.

Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie » Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:21 pm

Is there any reason to have Actors (not brushes) aligned to the grid?
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett

Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:41 pm

Buggie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:06 am
Not connected with this tools.
Also you can select brush - poligons - merge. Rebuild geometry and all coplanar poligons must act as one.
If surtfaces not merged - try unalign/align to floor/wall all surfaces of brush. And repeat merge again.

No, I need to start over anyway, got so much stuff just insane.
Plus I moved my ut2004 install , moved it back, after I reinstalled win 7 it says my key is bad, but the editor opens is all I really need.
Binary Space Partitioning

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:01 pm

Barbie wrote:
Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:21 pm
Is there any reason to have Actors (not brushes) aligned to the grid?
Yes, where I have small tunnels having 36-38 UU width (or a bit more) and I need PathNodes perfectly aligned - Like the rest of things.
And since this operation takes around 5 seconds why would not do it ? It will align decorations, lights (where they have to be exactly in the middle of a lamp...) everything, it doesn't hurt after all. A trigger for a 256 hall can be mapped to 260 UU, I will attempt to drop it in the middle and in next seconds aligning it perfectly. Why wasting time "pixeling" location ? Why preserving a stupid useless size since it can be properly placed using grid. If Editor has something without bugs, that's probably the grid and then I will be extremely abusive with this grid.
Else, next is the question: Is there any reason for not having everything aligned at grid ?
Look at these paths. I was wasting time painting these, now is easier...
StillTooBigTunnels.PNG
At a moment I've quit aligning each of them one by one...
By using this toy, even if I'm drunk or a half asleep I can have a perfect alignment - because builder is not drinking and neither sleeping :lol2: .