DM-Deck16][ improved paths

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sektor2111
Godlike

Re: DM-Deck16][ improved paths

Post by sektor2111 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:14 pm

DM-Deck16_rS592_NN.7z
Okay, for me Deck16][ looks finished. This one should be:
- monster compatible;
- Human hunter compatible;
- NewNet compatible - Teleporters are part of Navigation Network but they are not referenced in any reachSpecs. Routes are plain ground types but heading through teleporter to next PathNode nearby redeemer;
- Lifts have normal paths not R_Special (I'm starting to wonder why would they need to be Special... )
This is not for Bots with skill 0 playing in Classic Difficulty and Novice mode - those are penguins not Bots.

Edit:
Any future version probably will have some INI file for configuring whatever things... aggressiveness level, shortcuts for navigation, etc. whatever. That's not a priority right now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ubir4
Experienced
Personal rank: C12H16N2

Post by Ubir4 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:13 pm

Idea magnifique. (Y)

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:29 pm

I think other idea might be somehow more useful...
If NewNet has some fantasies about ruining custom teleporters done for other purposes than teleporting and if coders are not willing to solve their insanity about what they do at Bots and Teleporters, perhaps it's time to get rid of BullShits creating a "guard" in map which has the patience of a feline. Whenever a new crap is added for making a mess with a teleporter the "feline" guard (Yes, I had cats at old house) will deactivate the junk for good. Right now I have support for Translocator configured as a Teleporter child but what NewNet does will make it useless and then... if I'm thinking well, these sort of teleporters might run a self-guard in a state code blowing garbage away from them - this will be my response for NewNet's jerkish "replacements" - G.T.F.O., not all teleporters are having a Teleporting purpose, geniuses.

PS Note :ironic: random brain reaction: For V217 of this "improved" map my proposal is adding 3000 brushes/rooms at bottom of map and filling them will all sort of stock actors, all of them doing nothing but sitting there and hosting all stock textures inside. The Goal is to have a Deck16 having 200 MB and fixed later at 900 MB. In whatever v6, in a random evening, I wiped floor with two bots in a server where I had 320+ ms ping (I'm not a high skilled player, no worries) - that's all about "improved paths". Bot is just Bot doesn't matter how much trash has the map, all adds are plain useless.

Now I go to think at code structure for said guard actor... it should be simple and quickly doing it's job... or creating a Teleporter, auto-guarding itself - I think this is more simple but... a bit more expensive...