Map looks amazing, but sadly it's not being shared

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Map looks amazing, but sadly it's not being shared

Post by EvilGrins »

Attachments
Clip0003.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
Chamberly
Godlike
Personal rank: Dame. Vandora

Re: Map looks amazing, but sadly it's not being shared

Post by Chamberly »

plz grab link, must get mapz
Image Edit: Why does my sig not work anymore?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

It does look interesting though, TBH, it is difficult to discern a lot from the screenshots, given the odd colours in particular. The person does say that that version won't be shared so possibly another version will be (not sure of the point of just joining somewhere to show something that's not publicly available!).
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:52 pm not sure of the point of just joining somewhere to show something that's not publicly available!
I'm think at... something - it's... um... rules are stopping me.
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Actually if one looks back through Lordz Design posts on FB, there are several map projects for UT99 that have not, AFAIK, seen the light of day, as it were (including one huge city map - SP-Unreal CIty 5) - make of that what you will.
Chamberly wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:00 pm
Your sig does work - I can see the text changing - you don't see that?
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Post by UTPe »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:23 pm Actually if one looks back through Lordz Design posts on FB, there are several map projects for UT99 that have not, AFAIK, seen the light of day, as it were (including one huge city map - SP-Unreal CIty 5) - make of that what you will.

this map seems amazing for modded sniper camping (xloc)
it reminds me the good old times of TDM battles on SUF city maps :thuup:
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Looks like 'they' have been working on that project for more than five years - a wider net search of all the map/project/person names doesn't throw up anything useful.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

sektor2111 wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:09 pm I'm think at... something - it's... um... rules are stopping me.
@papercoffee please add XXX section for 18+ users immediately, this super-dimensional being must be witnessed in their full potential and wholeness!

Oh wait, I'm not quite 18+ yet. Heck. Ehh, I guess if you round it I am. So close, yet so far... (not euphemistically)

Eerrrrrr back to map. It looks cool! It also looks like someone revisited UT, noticed UEd, tried tinkering with it, had some fun, and talked about it on Twitter, but had enough cautious self-awareness (or perhaps unwarranted self-despise?) that perhaps it isn't a map that had a public release in mind. In practice it's still probably more fit for public releases than those "dirty" maps EvilGrins has been trying to cleanup lately, talk Superfund cleanup site lool

They look nice! We should incentive the guy to keep learning and having fun, maybe someday we'll rely on him as the last jedi---eerrrrmmm, Unreal Tournament modder alive or something?

EDIT: Nevermind they're half asleep, looking at the screenshot again it's clear they have touched at least the game (and probably the editor too, given the message's wording) at least many a time already! Definitely not new to it, and apparently not to mapping either. The question now is - will the pathing network be absolutely scrutinized by our resident superior being know-all sexy Buddhist deity C++ marksman 1000 if the map is ever publicly released????? Let's find out in the next episode of~.....
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
darksonny
Adept

Post by darksonny »

UTPe wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:06 pm
OjitroC wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:23 pm Actually if one looks back through Lordz Design posts on FB, there are several map projects for UT99 that have not, AFAIK, seen the light of day, as it were (including one huge city map - SP-Unreal CIty 5) - make of that what you will.

this map seems amazing for modded sniper camping (xloc)
it reminds me the good old times of TDM battles on SUF city maps :thuup:
name of this interesting map please, sir?
Sorry I misread the name is in tne title bar from Ued in that screenshot, thanks!
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Chamberly wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:00 pmplz grab link, must get mapz
Link to the post is above the pic.
OjitroC wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:52 pmnot sure of the point of just joining somewhere to show something that's not publicly available
Phrasing is everything. Waiting on a response to my question that if that version isn't available, what version is?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:28 pm Phrasing is everything. Waiting on a response to my question that if that version isn't available, what version is?
I wondered if you'd asked that :) Will be interesting to see what the response is.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Most annoying thing is his own FB page advertises that it will have links for maps but I don 't see any.
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:28 pm
Chamberly wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:00 pmplz grab link, must get mapz
Link to the post is above the pic.
I didn't find the download.
Chamberly wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:00 pm
Your sig does work - I can see the text changing - you don't see that?
Actually no, this is what I see.
https://i.gyazo.com/91c92987774ab12b804 ... ae9b77.jpg
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:23 am Most annoying thing is his own FB page advertises that it will have links for maps but I don 't see any.
Reading through all that, it looks unlikely that anything will be released - he seems to be more bound up with the size of the Unreal CIty 5 map at 215MB (!!!) than anything else - no sign of his Predator Jungle (?) anywhere either.
Chamberly wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:45 am I didn't find the download.
No, no download - it's not finished/released
Chamberly wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:00 pm Actually no, this is what I see.
Something on your system (in your browser?) is blocking images - have you added or changed anything recently? I get that with some images on here sometimes - can't remember what it is that blocks them!
Chamberly
Godlike

Post by Chamberly »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:56 am
EvilGrins wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:23 am Most annoying thing is his own FB page advertises that it will have links for maps but I don 't see any.
Reading through all that, it looks unlikely that anything will be released - he seems to be more bound up with the size of the Unreal CIty 5 map at 215MB (!!!) than anything else - no sign of his Predator Jungle (?) anywhere either.
Chamberly wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:45 am I didn't find the download.
No, no download - it's not finished/released
Chamberly wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:00 pm Actually no, this is what I see.
Something on your system (in your browser?) is blocking images - have you added or changed anything recently? I get that with some images on here sometimes - can't remember what it is that blocks them!
Yeah I think I remember this guy, making maps but never releasing them. Like for more than 4 years if it is the same person I was looking at as they were making really good stuff but never released them.

Nothing on my system perhaps, it's been going on for a while, like more than a year, since it also didn't show up on my old pc which has a completely different setting. I did made a post about it in the forum attention thread somewhere but I lost that thread. Funny part is that I see everyone else's sig just fine.