MapRaider

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Zeddy_Ryan
Novice

Re: MapRaider

Post by Zeddy_Ryan »

As a mere mortal, I dare not speak MapRaider person's true name, lest I be struck down by a bolt of lightning from on high.
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Resident Wallaby

Post by Gustavo6046 »

Praise be the holiness of the One and Only!
"Everyone is an idea man. Everybody thinks they have a revolutionary new game concept that no one else has ever thought of. Having cool ideas will rarely get you anywhere in the games industry. You have to be able to implement your ideas or provide some useful skill. Never join a project whose idea man or leader has no obvious development skills. Never join a project that only has a web designer. You have your own ideas. Focus on them carefully and in small chunks and you will be able to develop cool projects."

Weapon of Destruction
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Is everything ok with the website? I keep getting the "Oops. It broke." message. :?
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko »

TankBeef wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:25 am Is everything ok with the website? I keep getting the "Oops. It broke." message. :?
Sometimes it works and other times it dont. Impossible to upload Maps. I have tried several times over a longer periode,but i couldn't do it. :idea2:
Neon_Knight
Adept

Post by Neon_Knight »

They have a Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/feMzYsv

Though it's only one person maintaining an entire site at this point.
OldUnreal U1v227/UTv469 Localization Project coordinator/spanish language maintainer - Unreal Wiki
ProTip 1: anybody using the phrase "I'm a True Fan and You're Not!" is an obnoxious, self-centered, egotistical, elitist, narcissist douchebag.
ProTip 2: anybody who uses the "Royal We" when making a demand wants to pass their own opinion as everyone else's.
ProTip 3: Only the people that do nothing but criticize don't make mistakes. Do things. Make mistakes. Learn from them. And screw those who do nothing but throw poison and criticize.
ProTip 4: If the Duke Nukem Forever fiasco wasn't enough of a lesson, perfectionism leads to nothing positive. Don't be afraid of releasing a buggy product. Even the most polished product has its flaws.
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

Neon_Knight wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:24 pm They have a Discord server: https://discord.com/invite/feMzYsv

Though it's only one person maintaining an entire site at this point.
Thanks. I apologize for not reading Meany's explanation, in 2014. He also posted in this thread and I missed it, sorry about that. :facepalm: Yes, it takes a lot of time and effort to keep a website going. I am still learning a lot of things about this community.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

I think the mapraider person should get in contact and collaborate with the unreal archive person. It's a lot of years for all of us. So using all that data too collaborate would be a cool thing.
Binary Space Partitioning