CTF-NBK-pillars-Dx-2021-nobsp pre-release

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Experienced

CTF-NBK-pillars-Dx-2021-nobsp pre-release

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx » Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:23 pm

Hello All,
  • Please give it a run before I release it. I'm sure someone will find issues. You won't see any BSP in the editor as it's been removed. So if you rebuild the map, it will be gone:wink:
  • What does everyone think about adding music to maps? We used to do it all the time, but it has its drawbacks. The music I like, someone else might hate, why would someone want to play the map if it has music they do not like?
  • The video was shot with the OpenGL renderer and the Nvidia overlay tool. The map doesn't seem that dark to me when I play it. So I'm not sure if that is the Nivida Overlay that is causing the darker lighting?
  • I know I have a couple of issues with my two combos when the bots run by the TranslocStart sometimes they will shoot the Transloc and drop the flag. I should probably change this to a LiftExit?
  • This is an IG weapon only map there are no health or other weapons but the Deemer.
  • @Myth thank you for working on the Skybox texture and removing the artifacts and cleaning up the images.
  • @darksonny Its getting closer to release.
https://youtu.be/6M51YLmfFnM

http://dxfxhouse.com/maps/CTF-NBK-pilla ... -nobsp.zip

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: CTF-NBK-pillars-Dx-2021-nobsp pre-release

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:27 am

Kinda already did, I've had this map for months...

...it's one of the maps I first tested the UTDMS on.

Did you change anything?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC » Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:48 am

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:23 pm
  • What does everyone think about adding music to maps? We used to do it all the time, but it has its drawbacks. The music I like, someone else might hate, why would someone want to play the map if it has music they do not like?
Most maps do have music - you can add what you think is appropriate to the map if you want - if people don't like it, then they can set the music volume to 0. Personally, I never have the music on because I like to hear ambient sounds and noises from opponents - but that's just me.

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Experienced

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx » Sun Jan 24, 2021 1:46 am

EvilGrins wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 12:27 am
Kinda already did. I've had this map for months...

...it's one of the maps I first tested the UTDMS on.

Did you change anything?
Not many updates. I removed the arched wall in front of the stairs, which I didn't like. I removed a bunch of the bot paths that were all over the place. I added a hidden deemer room and updated some of the texturing. I fixed all of the pillars, so they are pretty much the same as far as the torch lighting.

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins » Sun Jan 24, 2021 9:23 am

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote:
Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:23 pm
What does everyone think about adding music to maps?
I'm definitely a fan of music, especially because if you have none and you open a menu in-game UT's default music will play... and that's not well suited to all maps.

If you'd rather have no music at all, there's the Blank.umx which negates all music.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758