"Release" DM-Thorne][

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Pikko
Average
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

"Release" DM-Thorne][

Post by Pikko » Wed Feb 03, 2021 3:52 am

Small DM Map, startet a long time ago, but finished late 2020. :D
Hope you will enjoy it--> :tu:

:what:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Pikko on Sat Feb 06, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: "Release" DM-Thorne][

Post by EvilGrins » Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:57 am

Let the bots take a run at it, they handled the whole area really well. Seemed to go everywhere.

I'm a little fuzzy what's the deal with the 1 doorway that actually has a door in there. At the moment I'm thinking it's a death trap.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC » Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:17 am

Nice little map - the only thing I would say to bear in mind for any future maps is the lighting. The lighting 'level' is uniform throughout the map (as can be seen in EG's screenshot) and doesn't have any relationship to the positioning of the lights - there is a need for a bit more subtley as it were - bright within a radius of the lights and less bright further away from the light sources.
EvilGrins wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:57 am
I'm a little fuzzy what's the deal with the 1 doorway that actually has a door in there. At the moment I'm thinking it's a death trap.
Not a death trap but a pickup - if the bots don't go in there then that is/could be an 'issue'.

Pikko
Average
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko » Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:32 pm

OjitroC wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:17 am
Nice little map - the only thing I would say to bear in mind for any future maps is the lighting. The lighting 'level' is uniform throughout the map (as can be seen in EG's screenshot) and doesn't have any relationship to the positioning of the lights - there is a need for a bit more subtley as it were - bright within a radius of the lights and less bright further away from the light sources.
EvilGrins wrote:
Wed Feb 03, 2021 4:57 am
Not a death trap but a pickup - if the bots don't go in there then that is/could be an 'issue'.
Yeah, i know that i should have done something about the lighting. :loool: Im working on several other Maps, so it's on my mind there.. Hope to get better at it. :confused2:

Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist » Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:57 pm

What is a weird concept is, the main way to see "3D" on a flat glowing surface, IS lighting.

Then they said, some game authors article, maybe Quake, but they said that the saying was "if it looks right, it is right".
Otherwise you can spend 30 years on one map and the more you change the more you keep trying to improve it, never ending, LoLzz
Binary Space Partitioning