What UTX files are my Custom Maps using?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Brigzy
Novice

What UTX files are my Custom Maps using?

Post by Brigzy »

Does anyone know How... I find "What Textures (UTX) I have used" (20 yrs ago) when I made over 100 Custom UT99 DM Maps? I have no packages or organization of my old maps, all I have is all my Maps (.UNR) files in one place and all my mixed textures collected over the years in their folder, I need a program or method to work out what textures each map is using so I can start making Zips of my maps with the correct textures included. I want to share all my maps that I only ever used on my own server, 20 yrs later it's time to let everyone enjoy them, does anyone know a good way to find what UTX files I used?? There may be the odd one out there but I have never released my maps in 20 yrs, they all have the label, DM-TBxxxxxx.unr (TB Maps). Do I use the Editor to work out what utx files were used or is there a cool program to do this? Thx in advance!
DOWNLOADS
Download my TB Maps & TB Map Packs here >> https://app.mediafire.com/8kjm3dzfg7sxa.
My TB Maps are 20 years old and have never been released until now!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: What UTX files are my Custom Maps using?

Post by OjitroC »

You can use the Editor or you can use UTPT (UT Package Tool) - this involves looking at each map individually. I don't know if there is anything that would look at multiple maps.

What about music and sounds though? If you plan to release each map separately then you'd also need to know what music and sounds were used (if these were not default packages).

The other thing you'd need to know is what are the default UT texture, music and sound packages as you would not need to package these with the maps - there's a thread on the forum that sets out a list of these together with the Bonus Packs stuff.

As a matter of interest, maps with the TB prefix that I have are : DM-TBCanyonWarz, DM-TBGhostTown and DM-TBTalebanUnderground2.
ShaiHulud
Adept

Post by ShaiHulud »

MapManager does this too
Attachments
MyMapManager.zip
(94.65 KiB) Downloaded 26 times
Brigzy
Novice

Post by Brigzy »

Thanks for the reply, awesome! I will check these out, I never used any other sound or music than default but I did use some different textures, I never kept things in folders properly because I just made my maps and ran on my server so there was no need to make zips of each one back then. 20 years later I am scratching my head trying to remember what utx belongs with each map. Yes they are my maps you have there, hope you enjoy them, I am sure there's a few of my maps out there that have been gathered from caches etc which I am cool with, I really want to see everyone enjoy all of my maps. I have 40 unreleased DM maps I made, all made around the same time as the ones you have and all made for fast flowing gameplay and the odd big map, like Canyon Warz, that was my first proper map that one. You will love TBFreeFall BP2 that is my biggest UT map and has a ridiculously high sky scraper to free fall from. Anyway, thx again, I will try the programs, all I need to know the utx on each map and happy to do one at a time, I have lots of fun maps here so want to release them all in zips with all the correct files. I will post a link to download my maps once all sorted. COOL!

=MERGED=

Thanks for that, I'm in the right place for quick help.

=MERGED=

MyMapManager.zip does the job perfectly, thanks again. So simple, just open the program and browse to my maps and each one in the list shows any utx files used that are not default ones, exactly what I wanted. Does anyone know where I should offer my maps online, I no longer have a UT99 website. Is there a good site that would be interested in 40x Custom DM Maps that haven't been properly released for 20 years? I want to share them to everyone.

Thx man, solved my prob!

=MERGED=

Anyone else interested in this topic... I have also been shown a very good method to find what files belong to each map by a mapper on Discord, use this page to drag and drop your maps and it will show you exactly what other UTX files it's depending on. I like this one, you have to shut the tab/page down each time to reload but that's ok, I will use this for sure.

UT Package Summariser: http://www.bunnytrack.net/package-explorer/
Last edited by papercoffee on Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quadruple post!!
DOWNLOADS
Download my TB Maps & TB Map Packs here >> https://app.mediafire.com/8kjm3dzfg7sxa.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

So you answered to yourself after QUAD posting during 24 hours.

@Admins: As you can see, nobody is reading or following that posting rule...
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Brigzy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:52 am Does anyone know where I should offer my maps online, I no longer have a UT99 website. Is there a good site that would be interested in 40x Custom DM Maps that haven't been properly released for 20 years? I want to share them to everyone.
There are several sites hosting maps - Unreal Archive and MapRaider, ModDB and UT-Files for which there are links under External Links on the front page of this forum.
Brigzy
Novice

Post by Brigzy »

Thanks for everyones help, I now have 40 original never released DM Maps on my Medifire account for anyone to download, I also made a 40 map Map Pack with all the UTX files etc.
My DM Maps can be downloaded now.
Give one a go, you might be surprised, there's something for everyone!

Download Maps here: https://app.mediafire.com/xl1vu3iidex5y
DOWNLOADS
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Brigzy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:39 pm .. I now have 40 original never released DM Maps on my Medifire account for anyone to download, I also made a 40 map Map Pack with all the UTX files etc.
My DM Maps can be downloaded now.
Perhaps you should make a new thread as a lot of people won't realise that this thread has maps for downloading?

Nice to see some new and varied maps :tu:
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Hi Brigzy , no0ne here owner/operator of Psychoservers.
Glad you finally got to release your maps.
Will look at adding some of them to our server soon
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Brigzy
Novice

Post by Brigzy »

sounds good, I have been emailing you but can't seem to get the email correct.

=MERGED=

Try DM-TBFreeFall BP2 that's kinda freaky if you like Base Jumping and flying... XXXL Sky Scraper!
Last edited by papercoffee on Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: double post
DOWNLOADS
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

On another note

Some browser app like UT Package Summariser web site, imagine if they linked up to UnrealArchive, or if Shrimp did one himself, then unzip the files, grab every file for the map and gather them up to send.

I would pack all your files with every file needed, then upload to unrealarchive.
Binary Space Partitioning
Brigzy
Novice

Post by Brigzy »

I have done that already, every map is made into a rar file containing just the map or in cases where there is a utx etc I have worked out what every map needs using Map Manager. It's the greatest tool for the job. Navigate to the map in my UT directory and it wil show you what other dependencies it has, ie: utx, umx etc. Even some system files to make machine guns and jump pads work. My Map Packs in DM and CTF are the same, they have folders within with all the files to run all 41 maps.. works great Map Manager.
DOWNLOADS
Que
Inhuman
Personal rank: ...

Post by Que »

Thanks buddy yep all is good 🙂
*Join our Discord Here.*
Our mods - MVX , SSB , SmartWFL , UTCmds , BotCommands , Smart Stats , join/leave announcer , NoSmoke , UTLogin , BrightSkins , Server Tran…
*Our Servers
Brigzy
Novice

Post by Brigzy »

I have done that, have a look at the "Latest Uploads" I have all my maps and map packs all on there.

https://unrealarchive.org/latest/index.html

TB Maps.
DOWNLOADS
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Brigzy wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:00 am...
One quadruple post and one double post.

Please avoid double - triple - quadruple - etc posts within a 24 hour limit when no other has written after you.
Read the House-Rules.
We allow our members to edit their posts to add new content.