DM-{VIP}]I[-Beta

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Gustavo6046
Godlike
Personal rank: Zeta Group leader

Re: DM-{VIP}]I[-Beta

Post by Gustavo6046 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:12 pm

Ah, geez. That sounds horrible. They can't run out of symbols to ruin. I hope everything's okay up there in inland Europe, Paper.

Pikko
Experienced
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko » Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:13 pm

EDIT in first Post:
Final Version

TankBeef
Adept

Post by TankBeef » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:16 am

I really love how this map has turned out. It has become one of my favorites, really. :rock: :gj: :tu: I have enjoyed it a lot, and Pikko has been very open to suggestions, and they did improve the map a lot. One thing i said: "Pikko, I like the shield belt location, I really do, but...I don't see the bots going for it". Now, I have no idea what he did (or maybe I do, I did not check if the explosion trap is still there EDIT: Wrong, the trap remains, awesome!!! :rock: ), but it worked, now you really have to fight for that belt. :lol2: Awesome work, the journey has been great so far. :D
Swanky posted some great mapping tips recently, but I just have to quote this:
Swanky wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:00 pm
What ultimately makes a good map is the question: is it fun? So the question should be: How can I make a map that's fun to play? And can that support the core gameplay of the game itself and vice versa?
And you know what? This map is really fun!!! Seriously, I am addicted to it. :lol2: That should be a good sign then.

Aspide
Average

Post by Aspide » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:43 am

Really like the map, brush work is nice, the custom textures are great, the choice of weapons work really well with the map (even through I miss the Ripper :tongue: ), the choice of music is great (but I have to admit, it's been used too many times), the only big complain I have is that the map would benefit with having more playerstarts.

Anyway, great map. I'm going to play with those nasty Godlike bots really soon...
Somewhere in Nevada...