CTF-Hiekka

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: CTF-Hiekka

Post by OjitroC »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 3:08 pm I thought that anybody can click on bUnlit flag of polygon "inside" glass and rebuild map normally.
Thanks for that because, although anybody can click with the mouse, they need to know what they are doing and I, for one, as a mere player would have had no idea that an Unlit polygon would cause that issue - now I know for the future should I come across something similar :tu: (consider though how nice it is not to even see that issue in the first place :P).
SkYlInE
Average

Post by SkYlInE »

sektor2111 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 7:24 am Nah, there are other alternatives down, look well at image and understand it. Jumpad from top should NOT HAVE a connection to the bottom (Yellow in 469 Editor) one because pawn is thrown back up if wants that way for some reason. There are other connections passing through these jumpads and kidnapping pawn because jumpad - like any teleporter is recommended to have only ONE PATH -> Destination, not in the middle of road acting like a PathNode for other routes than main planned one. Teleporter responds at bOneWay settings and then in mid area bot spawned and trying to gain flak won't get thrown because he wanted Flak and not going up. There is needed some fine tuning. Of course, some of those "picture-boys" around were clapping hands unable to figure these masked issues "two bots were working fine". Seriously how did you draw this conclusion, Mr. J ? This is kidnapping not navigation even if it looks normal, it's NOT.

Glass... Never mind I solved glass, like I said - I selected ALL glass textures (8 Surfaces)- some of them weren't set properly. After doing same settings to all of them and rebuilding, all goes Translucent, and no, I don't have trust in 469b render - so I'm not playing with that, just using Editor for... little tiny small fixes.
This is result...
The attachment Hkk2_Edit.png is no longer available
This was initially Hiekka][
The attachment Hkk2_Orig.png is no longer available
If you click on image and do a click-request to "view image", better, not at forum's stupid zoom you can even see which texture is different - it's INSIDE glass because... there are two glasses, lol. That one is evil, light is not hitting that surface and render shows it darker.
And again like I said and I already demonstrated in 469b, my dynamic corona is shown through walls in a few seconds later after previously it was completely invisible. After figuring these with 469b I considered that not worth wasting time with updating anything.
This is the detail where I figured that are more surfaces than two.
The attachment DetailHint.PNG is no longer available
For paths, I have to show you something if you understand what's the arrows meaning in 469 or 436+XC.
The attachment SplitRoutes.PNG is no longer available
And these are split because of this detail
Shot00450.jpg
Because all logic arrows heading to flak are not passing through JumpPad, Bot goes around it taking Flak - and this is more entertaining in game when you get closer in mid area. If enemy is up, they are going up, if they want Flak they get flak, instead of going up being hijacked because swJumpad does the SHORTEST route to the flak too not only upper. Either way I see them getting Flak and after that jumping up which I did not see before.

Why Jumpad and PathNode have a single spec ? No, I did not manually deleted it, I told to Goblin my wishes (sometimes he listens your requests)...
Shot00440.jpg
Entertaining somehow...

For my personal next quick coding episode toward these private fixes I have to write a small actor in map without having gaming or net purposes, just hosting a comment with data used. Here by example due to these swJumpads for preventing connections from trashing Bots I used 680 ScanRange in UT's Editor 436 and building with XC_EditorAdds from XCGE v21. If in future I will want improvements I will need to know what was about before for not resuming and rethinking everything. Why this work ? Because this map and others similar are beautiful jewels in all the way.
i have changed it to one glass.
Shot00440.jpg
bots going for the flak cannon now, thank you for that support.
Shot00450.jpg
i have no clue though what to change with the swjump so it will work fine. in the mid they jump from one to other side, sometimes they dont. at least in the base i couldnt see that bots are jumping back down.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Good to find about improvements.
To note...
I saved an empty copy for experimenting some scripting which I wrote. Heavy stuff for my skill, bugged iterators, limitations, but I think I still have a fast scripted device-builder for mapping paths with flexible options out of XC21, it's what XC23 XC24 doesn't offer - I don't get removal of range... and those changes, I don't even know if builder works in prior versions before v24 but at least I have flexibility to manage maps exactly as I want.
No PrunedPaths bugging me, not useless extra-chained data saved in map, no VisNoReachPaths, and using range option, no forced warps which are crashing plain game, restriction of extra paths when Inventories are bunching in certain radius, preventing hidden ones from being in Paths, etc. I don't think I'll leave it as it is, I'm thinking.

Let's see a random stage. I can deploy routes only for closer points keeping at minimum spam connections. All points which need links can be connected point by point later with desired data not what Editor recommends automatically. You can imagine that I had more than one solution but I picked what I considered most suitable one. I would like to see that 227 leaving MyLevel Textures alone without to change anything at them but... for me I believe the Main Goal was to ruin D3D and to mess UT'99 with it in all the way, not to help UT'99. Changes were for nothing, if mapper would use an external texture package with ScreenShot nothing would be changed because it would ruin package causing a file mismatch, texture would be original in outside of map... and then why was needed altering Mylevel, it's a mystery for me.

Describing concept it's a long story and not related to topic for this map even if I used this map as testing ground because... I find it good for my eyes, others are make me to feel like my eyes are bleeding and I'm getting sleepy losing focus...
SkYlInE
Average

Post by SkYlInE »

sektor2111 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:31 pm Good to find about improvements.
To note...
I saved an empty copy for experimenting some scripting which I wrote. Heavy stuff for my skill, bugged iterators, limitations, but I think I still have a fast scripted device-builder for mapping paths with flexible options out of XC21, it's what XC23 XC24 doesn't offer - I don't get removal of range... and those changes, I don't even know if builder works in prior versions before v24 but at least I have flexibility to manage maps exactly as I want.
No PrunedPaths bugging me, not useless extra-chained data saved in map, no VisNoReachPaths, and using range option, no forced warps which are crashing plain game, restriction of extra paths when Inventories are bunching in certain radius, preventing hidden ones from being in Paths, etc. I don't think I'll leave it as it is, I'm thinking.

Let's see a random stage. I can deploy routes only for closer points keeping at minimum spam connections. All points which need links can be connected point by point later with desired data not what Editor recommends automatically. You can imagine that I had more than one solution but I picked what I considered most suitable one. I would like to see that 227 leaving MyLevel Textures alone without to change anything at them but... for me I believe the Main Goal was to ruin D3D and to mess UT'99 with it in all the way, not to help UT'99. Changes were for nothing, if mapper would use an external texture package with ScreenShot nothing would be changed because it would ruin package causing a file mismatch, texture would be original in outside of map... and then why was needed altering Mylevel, it's a mystery for me.

Describing concept it's a long story and not related to topic for this map even if I used this map as testing ground because... I find it good for my eyes, others are make me to feel like my eyes are bleeding and I'm getting sleepy losing focus...
feel free to experiment on this map, :tu:
so far i will leave it like that, here and there i will give it a try to change it. maybe im gonna try to do another one.
f7r
Experienced

Post by f7r »

I wanted to download already, but i see - "Sie haben keine Rechte diese Seite zu betreten".
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

f7r wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:13 am I wanted to download already, but i see - "Sie haben keine Rechte diese Seite zu betreten".
Here it is: download/file.php?id=13676