This could apply to UTDMT or even NPC characters...

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

This could apply to UTDMT or even NPC characters...

Post by EvilGrins »

...and I'm not even sure this is the right section for it, so admins can feel free to move it if they wish.

NPC are these · viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14002 · in essence bots you place on a map, not for team games but fillers on certain deathmatch maps if you want. They show up on scoreboards, they will kill you like they would kill anyone else.

Similar to the UTDM-monsters, that actually can be used for team games...
...and like the NPC, in deathmatch, can potentially win games.

Something key to UT is nobody can have the same name on the scoreboard. If you use MonsterSpawn on the UTDMT and it loads more than one of them, they still go on the scoreboard but the 1st one is listed as "Mr. Titan" and each after that is listed as Titan1, Titan2, etc.

So, what I'm wondering is what happens in the unlikely event that the NPC or UTDM-monster has a specific name and one of the people playing the map has the same name? Does the player get renamed, or does the NPC or UTDM??
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: This could apply to UTDMT or even NPC characters...

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:58 am So, what I'm wondering is what happens in the unlikely event that the NPC or UTDM-monster has a specific name and one of the people playing the map has the same name? Does the player get renamed, or does the NPC or UTDM??
This is what happens
Spoiler
DevLoad: Loading: Package UTDMT
ScriptLog: MonsterSpawn trying to spawn.........UTDMT.UTDMT
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:PreBeginPlay : Creating a UTDMTMutator.
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:PreBeginPlay : Name 'Mr.Titan' in use, using 'Titan1' instead.
ScriptLog: Found DM-]NIX[-NecropolisPathed.Translator0 at -1029.206299,1977.621338,-2233.750000
ScriptLog: MonsterSpawn spawned......DM-]NIX[-NecropolisPathed.UTDMT0
ScriptLog: Number of Monsters trying to spawn is 1
ScriptLog: Number of Monsters spawned is 1
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Died : I (Titan1) was killed by Mr.Titan
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Killed : I (Titan1) killed Titan1
ScriptWarning: UTDMT DM-]NIX[-NecropolisPathed.UTDMT0 (Function UTDMT.UTDMT.Killed:0045) Accessed None 'PlayerReplicationInfo'
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Killed : I (Titan1) killed
ScriptLog: Found DM-]NIX[-NecropolisPathed.Translator0 at -1029.206299,1977.621338,-2233.750000
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Died : I (Titan1) was killed by Mr.Titan
ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Killed : I (Titan1) killed Titan1
Of course in that I'm Mr.Titan! (and I killed Titan1 twice despite what the log indicates, in part anyway).

As you can see the code of UTDMT provides for the use of 'Titan1" if 'MrTitan' is in use - I've no idea what would happen if that wasn't in the code. IIRC, I don't think there is anything similar in the code for the NPCs.

So me playing as Ronald the Clone in the BurgerWarsIII results in there being 2 Ronald the Clones in the map (that is, neither my name nor the name of the 'bot' in the map was changed in-game).