Camera Starting Location

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Peamole
Average
Personal rank: Dinghy-O-Death Cap'n

Camera Starting Location

Post by Peamole »

When I load up any map in the editor the camera resets this particular setting:
Location (X=-500.000000,Y=-300.000000,Z=300.000000)
:Camera:
Is there a way to set it to start somewhere else so I don't have to zip across to a far-off corner every time I pull the map up? :roll:
Too bad there's no WarpTo button (or whatever it's called). I miss that. It was next to: :CameraSpeed: — I think...

And what's with those Actors like Camera6, Camera7, Camera8, Camera9, Camera10, Camera11? What are they for?
Buggie
Godlike

Re: Camera Starting Location

Post by Buggie »

Peamole wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:46 pm Is there a way to set it to start somewhere else so I don't have to zip across to a far-off corner every time I pull the map up?
No.
Peamole wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:46 pm And what's with those Actors like Camera6, Camera7, Camera8, Camera9, Camera10, Camera11? What are they for?
Each viewport use own camera.
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

Buggie wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:33 pm
Peamole wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:46 pm Is there a way to set it to start somewhere else so I don't have to zip across to a far-off corner every time I pull the map up?
No.
Oh. What if I try to change the default properties of Engine.Camera every so often? Will that cause UEd to crash or screw stuff up?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

UEd ignore all things in the map and use hardcoded numbers.
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

OK Thank you, Buggie. I tried to change it and save it but it went back, as you explained. Are you familiar with that Warp button from old Unreal's editor? Do you know if that is available somewhere to download and install?
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Peamole wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:38 pm Are you familiar with that Warp button from old Unreal's editor?
IDK what you talking about.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Possible to make a button for it, perhaps? Right click, enter the coordinates and the camera goes there?

Or worst case, just pull the WHOLE map closer to where the camera starts off :lol2:
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Peamole wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:38 pm Are you familiar with that Warp button from old Unreal's editor?
You mean the Align Cameras button Image? That's the one that's next to Camera Speed in Unreal Gold's Editor. It's now in the Editor in 469b as well - Align Viewpoint Cameras to 3D Viewpoint Cameras - it moves the cameras in the other (grid) viewpoints to the point the camera is in the 3D (Textured, DynamicLight, etc) viewpoint.
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

OjitroC wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 12:23 pm You mean the Align Cameras button Image? That's the one that's next to Camera Speed in Unreal Gold's Editor.
Nope, sorry I was mistaken. It's next to the regular camera in old Unreal's UnrealEd.
WARP.PNG
That's my CD; I took that pic just now. :lol:
If you click on it and click-drag on the main 3d viewport, it will zip you across the black aria at blinding speeds. It's very useful.
UnrealGGecko wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:49 am Possible to make a button for it, perhaps?
Behold! ModeTurboCamera! :lol:
ModeTurboCamera.png
ModeTurboCamera.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Try make issue-request for add such feature for next patch release if you need it:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues

Just properly explain what is that and what is that must do.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Peamole wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 6:13 pm
UnrealGGecko wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:49 am Possible to make a button for it, perhaps?
Behold! ModeTurboCamera! :lol:
ModeTurboCamera.png
:mrgreen: haha, camera go ZOOOM! Niiice!
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

Thanks, UnrealGGecko. The button could look better I guess. I threw it together in an old Photoshop, like 3.0 or something.
Buggie wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:29 pm Try make issue-request for add such feature for next patch release if you need it:
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... hes/issues

Just properly explain what is that and what is that must do.
I don't know much about this site other than ut-files uses it. Do I need a lot of technical know-how? Basically, it's just like ModeCamera except it accelerates exponentially, I think.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

No special technical knowledge is required. It is enough to write in such a way that you are understood. What do you want, why and how it should work.
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

Wow. That website is way out of my league. How did I do?
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/428
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Peamole wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:44 am Wow. That website is way out of my league. How did I do?
https://github.com/OldUnreal/UnrealTour ... issues/428
OK - to make it clear to the devs, it might be appropriate to indicate that this is a request for a feature to be added in the next version of the patch, either in the title of the issue or in the body of the text as an introduction.