how to make nali cows in map not die

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
sXs-sketchpad
Experienced

how to make nali cows in map not die

Post by sXs-sketchpad »

hey all me again im putting together a western map and i have four nali cows in a pen but i dont want them to be killed i felt bad the other day when i killed one sad i know lol

where in the settings for the cows can i sort this please thanks

p.s sorry meant to say is there a guide for dummies version on how to do it cheers
Last edited by sXs-sketchpad on Wed May 19, 2021 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buggie
Godlike

Re: how to make nali cows in map not die

Post by Buggie »

Subclass and disable most function for damage and die. Look at WarLord code Teleporting state.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Set ReducedDamagePct to 1 and ReducedDamageType to "All".
Attachments
GodLike.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

The most effective way I know is to give them insane levels of health. Like 999,999 or thereabouts.

2nd I've never tried but would probably work. Use Cyberus and just change it's mesh to that of a Cow, disable all its attacks. Hell, it might even retain it's shield (hopefully cow shaped) but I've never tried it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 4:41 am 2nd I've never tried but would probably work. Use Cyberus and just change it's mesh to that of a Cow, disable all its attacks. Hell, it might even retain it's shield (hopefully cow shaped) but I've never tried it.
It works in the sense that the cow is immune to damage - however since the NaliCow doesn't have the Cyberus animations, it doesn't move but just floats above the ground. In terms of colour, it starts off gold and then, if hit, it turns green and the Cyberus hit effects are implemented. Here is a Cowberus
Cowberus.jpg
Some log spam indicating missing animations
Spoiler
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.TweenToFighter:000D) TweenAnim: Sequence 'Attack1' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.PlayWaiting:0069) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Breathe3' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.PlayWaiting:003A) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Breathe1' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.PlayWaiting:0059) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Breathe2' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.PlayMeleeAttack:0008) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Attack3' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.PlayRangedAttack:0014) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Attack1' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.TryToDuck:0220) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Jump' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
ScriptWarning: cowberus Autoplay.cowberus0 (Function Cyberus.Cyberus.PlayRangedAttack:001F) PlayAnim: Sequence 'Attack2' not found in Mesh 'NaliCow'
The easiest ways are either using ReducedDamage or setting high health levels.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I believe in this map there is a ghost Krall that wanders around in one of the arenas, is both transperent and cannot be shot as projectiles go through it, not at home to check but I believe the bots aren't interested on it either, maybe something like this could be done with the NaliCow?
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... e77de.html
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

bCollideWorld = True.
bCollideActors = False
bTargetProjectiles = False
TankBeef
Masterful

Post by TankBeef »

sXs-sketchpad wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 6:44 pm i dont want them to be killed i felt bad the other day when i killed one
You are missing out. You should try some Nali Burgers, they're delicious. Better than Big Kahuna, just ask Samuel L. Jackson. :wink:
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Give each cow insta for defense and 100% aim. Nobody bother it.
Also you can call instant death on any hit cow.
Eternity
Skilled

Post by Eternity »

There are a lot of ways to do this... One example can be found in the map "MH-LandOfEternalSunset"...
TexasGtar
Adept

Post by TexasGtar »

Extreme solution: Don't put any player starts in the map.