LoseTheMatchTrigger?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Peamole
Average
Personal rank: Dinghy-O-Death Cap'n

LoseTheMatchTrigger?

Post by Peamole »

Is there a way to trigger a match to end with a loss? Say I kill a friendly monster or press a button and I lose the game.
"~You have lost the match!"
I thought I saw that in a strange, over-the-top map with nali cows... I don't remember. Can anyone please help?
Even just telling me the name of a map like that is good enough if I can find it in a archive or .uz list or something.
Aspide
Skilled

Re: LoseTheMatchTrigger?

Post by Aspide »

What a coincidence, I just played MH-LostSouls a couple of days ago, this map contains an actor called AdvancedMonsterEnd that finishes the map with a loss, now this actor only works in MonsterHunt but I think that with a few tweaks it could work on other gametypes.

Link to MH-LostSouls: https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 63a43.html
Somewhere in Nevada...
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Depends from GameType. GameInfo.EndGame("some reason") is a answer. Possible need set some fields before that call.

But you need rely on code of exact GameType. There no general way for do this. All hardcoded.
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

A small piece of code can set game at "TimeRemaining" 1 second. In MonsterHunt this heads to a Timeout and a game lost - it's what <MH-LostSouls> is using and because it's already compiled these assets can be "copied" in another map suitable for similar conditions - Triggered.

Caves:
MonsterHunt types like MonsterHunt2v3 won't deliver a game lost here, just a normal Successful sudden Ending.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

Why not just use a barred off area for the monster end, then have some frozen player or pawn walk into it upon orders or something (Nali Bunny ? lol),
Then via an external trigger-mover that says, "end this map" and trigger the bunny.
I never tried to trigger a map to end.

Well, I mean built-in while making a map. but not an existing map.

In Quake 1 we would always have these players rush to exit as soon as they could, pissin everyone off.
Binary Space Partitioning
sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 »

Red_Fist wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:11 am I never tried to trigger a map to end.
He mean to have a bad end, a normal end is not hard to trigger. See whatever version of MH-BoomBoomBridge.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

My brain is just not getting this, what is "LoseMatch" and why, what is the purpose compared to just ending the map. ?.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Normal end means you actually completed the map (you won), this would trigger a loss.
I like it! Maybe wont have a big purpose, but it would be a nice twist :lol2:
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

To Red_Fist and anyone else who's unsure: I was looking for an Actor that ends the map in a loss for the player/hunting party. I guess that it would get triggered by a Tag that corresponds with another Class' Event. Thus you would hear the Announcer play, "You have lost the match!"

Thanks, Aspide, I'll look into it.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Post by Red_Fist »

It's not an actor for this, but, there is a Nali that if you kill it, you lose points. I am not sure if it's some server package or SP maps, MH maps. I am pretty sure it's the same for MH.

So if there was a way to make it subtract a high value, then tie it to the team somehow or the one who kills it goes to -100 kills.
I have played maps that you don't want to kill the Nali's, I don't know if this is just stock Nali or some server settings for Nali's.

But then, there would have to be a way to use a trigger to kill the Nali and have it spawn so no one can see it, like a creature monster spawner, but only have the Nali spawn, Maybe have to change the code for those monster spawner mutators only to spawn your own "monster" but only one, new pawn edited Nali

I don't know, just thinking out loud.
Peamole
Average

Post by Peamole »

No no. Aspide showed me exactly what I was looking for. I just needed to find and copy MyLevel.AdvancedMonsterEnd and make a trigger for it. Thanks, Aspide. MH-LostSouls is a funny map; I killed all the "1337 Mercs" and still managed to squeeze in a victory. Don't ask me how I did it... "You have lost the ma—You have won the match!"