DM-OutCome]V[

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

DM-OutCome]V[

Post by Pikko »

Sep/Oct project: Final Version included.! :roll:

Attachments
DM-OutCome]V[.rar
(2.54 MiB) Downloaded 30 times
Last edited by Pikko on Fri Oct 08, 2021 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Red_Fist
Godlike

Re: DM-OutCome]V[

Post by Red_Fist »

Don't let me screw up your lighting-thinking.

But

Play around with zone and level brightness in the level properties, and then in the zone light ,Ambient...Saturation, hue, and Brightness settings.

IF, I remember correctly, the level brightness will give it a more washed out look, the zone light settings are like the black level. (I could have that backwards)

So it kind of gives you a 4th dimension in lighting to play around with as for the total map look. So the dark spots you can't light but still need to see the corner.

OR

A over-bright spot, like really sharp shadows and don't look natural but annoying. (too bright, too dark) you set the level brightness to smooth it out, not so bright blasting your eyes but smoothed out.

So once you see the wall or correct the blaring lighted wall, it will give you a better reference point as to if some lights are set to bright or dark.

I can say for sure the zone light is the one that will be so you see the corner in the dark, or at least just enough to see a 3D corner.
Then compensate a tad with LevelBrightness, not zone.

My maps I always set the zonelight to like one or two max.
Then levelbrightness will bring back some glare, but cannot make the corner zero black again.

Do extremes to test, put like 64 Levelbrightness, then switch it back to zero and then set zonelight to 64, and you will see the light :mrgreen:
Binary Space Partitioning
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Re: DM-OutCome]V[

Post by Pikko »

Final Version in First post