MH-NoRush

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Barbie
Godlike

MH-NoRush

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 30, 2021 11:57 am

That map needs a fix…
Spoiler
Show

Code: Select all

MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite0 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite1 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall52 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall53 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall54 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall55 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall56 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall57 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall58 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall59 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite4 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite5 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite6 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite7 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite8 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite9 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite10 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite11 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite12 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite13 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite14 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite15 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite16 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite17 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite18 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.KrallElite19 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall82 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall83 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall84 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall85 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall92 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall93 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Tentacle89 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall94 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall95 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall96 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall97 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall98 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall99 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall100 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall101 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall102 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall103 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall104 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall105 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall106 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
MH-norush.MapPatcherSvr0.PatchMap_MH_norush LOG_Debug: MH-norush.Krall107 has UT_ShellCase as RangedProjectile, resetting it to default
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett

EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Re: MH-NoRush

Post by EvilGrins » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:50 pm

Download link might be helpful...
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758

Hitman
Skilled

Post by Hitman » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:32 pm

I now the guy who made it, I will tell him

Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie » Sat Oct 30, 2021 1:35 pm

Hmm, I didn't find a download link and guess I got it via mail. Mapper is Gaia - has anyone contact to him?
<EDIT>
Ah, Hitman wrote already. :gj:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett

Hitman
Skilled

Post by Hitman » Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:37 pm

Message sent and I wait one day to hear from him or I edit the map myself and add a download-link here for those who want it.

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Oct 31, 2021 7:04 am

I kidnapped map from elsewhere. I'm going to check what else is trash inside this map - perhaps I'll solve it for any potential private party, maybe it worth solving it.

Edit: Yes...
It needs a complete revision at triggers which must be ONLY ONCE because there is no reason to trigger "ONCEONLY" movers multiple times... and pathing it's... a flawed attempt in pathing to not spam the forum with every single mistake because they are a lot. Unreal physics like real life physics it's hard stuff for people...
As the for MonsterHunt game, this is not a bad map generally as aspect, too bad that it has flawed settings...

Hitman
Skilled

Post by Hitman » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:05 pm

I could not get a hold of Gaia so I edit and tested it and it works fine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie » Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:14 pm

Hitman wrote:MH-UM-No-rush.zip
unzip wrote:warning: MH-UM-No-rush.zip appears to use backslashes as path separators
And you missed Tentacle89: :lol:
Tentacle89
Show

Begin Actor Class=Tentacle Name=Tentacle89
    RangedProjectile=Class'Botpack.UT_ShellCase'
    FootRegion=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=579,ZoneNumber=1)
    HeadRegion=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=579,ZoneNumber=1)
    ViewRotation=(Yaw=33000)
    Level=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0'
    Tag=Tentacle
    Region=(Zone=LevelInfo'MyLevel.LevelInfo0',iLeaf=579,ZoneNumber=1)
    Location=(X=7232.233887,Y=3774.042236,Z=472.019196)
    Rotation=(Yaw=33000)
    OldLocation=(X=6211.636719,Y=3311.390625,Z=475.902740)
    Name=Tentacle89
End Actor

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:59 am

Umm... nope... I'll use my edit (I think it's ready)...
Changes ? :
- reverted stupid collision height for some Kralls;
- Removed "ShellCases" with Zero damage from all Monsters using that;
- all Movers type bTriggerOnceOnly will IGNORE any encroachment;
- deleted spam looping sound from certain Movers post opening;
- removed useless PathNodes;
- removed an actor from map called "Engine.Mutator" :wth: ;
- added MH specific objectives and a bit of extra stuff for preventing some rushing specific to MonsterHunt;
- all paths are not 5233+ reachSpecs...

LostData: ReachSpecs missing from Paths[0-15] 		= 651.
LostData: ReachSpecs missing from upStreamPaths[0-15] 	= 593.
FixedWithSuccess: ReachSpecs successfully attached 	= 959.
FixFailures: ReachSpecs attaching failures - probably no place = 285.
but 1019 ReachSpecs covering map and ensuring about a good Bot activity. With all respect, after 20 years I'm no longer hosting new debris data.

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:01 am

Bump.
After testing re-edited map On-Line a few times, I managed to establish the rule which map's title is talking about. Pawn rushing (not only player rushing) will die slowly - I'll think if I need or not a FearSpot (perhaps no). Critical Monster (has an Event) falling in a dark hole cannot be seen well due to the dark "idea". Here... causing All Pawns to be visible All the Time it's demonstrated once again a good thing, I got tired of darkness stupidity. Strong Pawns are a challenge ? No, map is easy. Originally we do have SuperShockRifle and WarheadLauncher helping people to stay around and waiting for guiding a Missile and wiping monsters in seconds. Here I think we have to make some Clean-Up because it's seriously a stupid thing, perhaps intended for those with no skill.

Either way I had to adjust some BlockedPath because at a moment DevPath is pointing Pawn to another suitable reachable point in 800 range causing Pawn to get over a BlockedPath if this is moving closer during combat (and it's a nice combat...) - next point should not be reachable in any way or else funky stuff might occur - I forgot some of these reactions and it's why map must be widely tested at this point. Current stage has 1021 Paths due to corrections and operating manually a One-Way. This edit can be feel/tested in MGS server for details.