- Posts: 272
- Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:20 am
- Personal rank: Easy Target
- Location: "The Butthole of the World"
Notice the fine cracks in the in-game texture, verus the low-res original in the upper right corner.
My best guess is that the mapper used a texture ("rockde2") from detail.utx along with a surface flag of "modulated"
But I don't know for sure. I can't find any information on how to use "modulated" nor can I find any info on who created this map in order to contact them.
Anybody know how to do this trick, applying two textures to one surface? Or does anyone know who who made this map?
- Posts: 8816
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:12 pm
- Personal rank: God of Fudge
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
- Posts: 430
- Joined: Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:06 pm
- Personal rank: Brush Commander
- Location: inside ze bocks
I also remember setting such a detail as a macro texture for custom textures (probably dumb in hindsight but doesn't cost a lot of performance - should probably only set detail texture), so it should always show regardless of said flag.
To check, right click the texture in the texture browser and hit properties -> texture.
- Posts: 1483
- Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:32 am