MH-OrbitalDE

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

MH-OrbitalDE

Post by Buggie »

Conversion for MonsterHunt this map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... c7e3d.html
Shot00000.jpg
Shot00001.jpg
Shot00002.jpg
Shot00003.jpg
Shot00004.jpg
Shot00005.jpg
Shot00006.jpg
Shot00007.jpg
Shot00008.jpg
MH-OrbitalDEv1.7z
(20.13 MiB) Downloaded 40 times
Last edited by Buggie on Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buggie
Godlike

Re: MH-OrbitalDE

Post by Buggie »

Shot00009.jpg
Shot00010.jpg
Shot00011.jpg

Automatically merged

v1

- fix bugs with movers.

Reuploaded in the first post: viewtopic.php?p=132463#p132463
Hitman
Adept

Post by Hitman »

Thx, added them all
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

What about adding an usable jet instead of Fighter0? Sadly that cannot be done by a MapPatcher.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Em? I can but for what? Map not really designed for jets.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

There is plenty of room for flying outside.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Same as many other maps, like WTC, for example.
You can add jets to server packages and spawn it via MapPatcher. Why not?

Automatically merged

Jets on map is not necessary external dependency.
Also usual jet (which look as Fighter mesh) is bad. need use RocketX, which better, but small and not look like Fighter.
Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Buggie wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:11 am You can add jets to server packages
I know, but I wanted to keep the download amount as small as possible, and the jets are needed only for one map.

Another remark: I replaced nearly all NaliFruits with MedPacks, because in my opinion NaliFruits do not match the technical environment.
Buggie
Godlike

Post by Buggie »

Grey jets crappy. Green - so-so.
People will use grey jets as endless ammo for demmer.
Both jets will be used as deemers for blow up titans below station.
Also for blow up in closed hangar doors for easy kill most monsters in last area.
After last area open and hangar doors too, jets will used as demmer for bl;ow up all inside.
Same usage will be most time after reach it.
From start chase to jets and use it for clear second wing.
Also you able see from station back and see map construction details, because mapper not done it. Because nobody able see it normally.
Coop translocator and xloc allow use jets same as deemer. Extract before collision and tele away. Which usually produce teamkills if some other players in area of impact.

I not see any good reason for introduce jets here.

NaliFruits on your server get much more hp. So it is not equal swap if you not correct HP amount from Medbox.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Had this for Assault, for years, haven't tried this one but wondering if the fluke from the AS version is still inherent.

Space station with a donut theme when you start out, what I used to do was take up a sniper's position from the start and kill the enemy without ever running to them. The inner-donut the "windows" are not shielded and there's no glass...

...which, I suspect for MH would mean, I could kill any monsters near the windows anywhere in that donut not that far from where I 1st spawned in.
Buggie wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:23 am Em? I can but for what? Map not really designed for jets.
What about bat-wings?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:05 am Had this for Assault, for years, haven't tried this one but wondering if the fluke from the AS version is still inherent.

Space station with a donut theme when you start out, what I used to do was take up a sniper's position from the start and kill the enemy without ever running to them. The inner-donut the "windows" are not shielded and there's no glass...

...which, I suspect for MH would mean, I could kill any monsters near the windows anywhere in that donut not that far from where I 1st spawned in.
Indeed it is still there - which is fine - depends on how one plays, I suppose. It's good for me since, as I try and do these maps by myself, I tend to 'shoot ahead' as much as possible, taking out as many opponents as possible at as long a range as possible and thus minimising the potential for taking damage or being rushed by a group of enemies.
EvilGrins wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:05 am
Buggie wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 7:23 am Em? I can but for what? Map not really designed for jets.
What about bat-wings?
I don't think they would be of much use as I don't remember being able to get inside from outside, as it were - so I'm not sure they would be useful?
NemesisNeS
Experienced
Personal rank: GOD, not Godlike

Post by NemesisNeS »

Holy Sh*t this was effin' fun as hell!!! Thanks for this mate. In all honesty don't change a bloody thing with it.
Feeling the urge to kill people who put up links with advertisements....
:instagib2: