CTF-UTDM-Eagles4

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

CTF-UTDM-Eagles4

Post by EvilGrins »

This is one of those maps I've made multiple edits of, but unless I find another variant of UTDM-monster this will probably be the last of them.

An edit of the CTF-Eagles map, with bases that're not symmetrical at all, this has a fairly even mix. Red Base has 1 UTDM-Titan and Blue Base has 1 UTDM-Warlord...
...and both bases have 2 UTDM-Skaarj.

I swapped out the redeemers on the map with the Ridiculous Deemer, to keep things interesting.

Also have an alternative reason for this edit. I haven't gotten the new patch for UT as I've been told it isn't compatible with UTDM-monsters · viewtopic.php?f=12&t=14875 · so I'm gonna send a link for this to those that're working on that patch so they can evaluate and see if they can fix the issue.

Would've gotten on this earlier, but it's been a wonky few months for me.

Usual Suspects:
.u - /system
.unr - /maps
.png - Pwetty!

Enjoy!
https://www.mediafire.com/file/2q11kmy2 ... agles4.zip
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: CTF-UTDM-Eagles4

Post by OjitroC »

No, none of the Blue UTDM monsters will attack a Red Player.

Moreover I got a weird 'false' death entry in the log

Code: Select all

ScriptLog: UTDMT.UTDMT:Killed : I (Mister Red) killed Player
ScriptLog: UTDMskaarjberserker.UTDMskaarjberserker:Killed : I (Zapper) killed Player
ScriptLog: UTDMskaarjberserker.UTDMskaarjberserker:Killed : I (Icer) killed Player
ScriptLog: UTDMskaarjberserker.UTDMskaarjberserker:Killed : I (Hot Stuff) killed Player
ScriptLog: UTDMskaarjberserker.UTDMskaarjberserker:Killed : I (Golem-Skaarj) killed Player
ScriptLog: UTDM.UTDMWarLord:Killed : I (Lord Flappy) killed Player
False because I wasn't killed by anything - weird because the 'killers' include Blue AND Red team monsters.

I would think that the code of the various UTDM monsters needs to be altered in order to work with 469 rather than anything in 469 being changed to ensure the UTDM monsters work (in part because the SriptLog errors in 469 are far fewer than in 436 and Accessed Nones have been eliminated suggesting that the code is working better in 469? Now just the Red Team Titan and Warlord 'think' they killed the Blue Team SB killed by the Player though all SBs still think they killed that Blue Team SB, including the one that was killed - which suggests the 'buggy' nature of the code perhaps?).
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

They worked fine before 469.

You said the Blue ones wouldn't attack a Red Player, what about the Red ones attacking a Blue Player?
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

The Red Team UTDM monsters will indeed attack a Blue Player - so the issue is that the Blue Team won't attack a Red Player (though the Red Player can cause damage to and kill the Blue Team monsters).

There is though something odd about the log messages - I headshotted the Red SBs 8 or 9 times but this is reported only twice (once by each of the SBs killed) - it looks like other UTDM monsters 'claimed' the rest of those kills or that they weren't 'reported' by the killed SBs.

When I was killed by the Red Titan every other UTDM monster (Red and Blue) reported that they had killed me.

I did think that there were less ScriptLog errors in 469 than in 436 but I'm not so sure now. However, in 469 it looks like there are far fewer ScriptLog errors when a Red player kills a Blue Team UTDM monster than when a Blue player kills a Red Team UTDM monster.

All this of course indicates that there are issues with the code - as sektor has pointed out before.
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 7:29 pm The Red Team UTDM monsters will indeed attack a Blue Player - so the issue is that the Blue Team won't attack a Red Player
Oh, I've seen something like that before actually. When I 1st got Unreal Anthology bots on the Red Team didn't notice the monsters and were often killed by them; this is only in instances of using MonsterSpawn type mutators, didn't happen in MH.

Basically, this · viewtopic.php?f=12&t=5039

The way to fix the issue was to change something in one of UT's default .ini files, which I'm assuming now that 469 rewrites.