Anyone know how work Scale Light tool and how use it?

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Buggie
Godlike

Anyone know how work Scale Light tool and how use it?

Post by Buggie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:44 am

Simple question for mappers:
Anyone know how work Scale Light tool and how use it? Or use it somehow?
scr_1656216442.png
scr_1656216455.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Berserker
Average

Re: Anyone know how work Scale Light tool and how use it?

Post by Berserker » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:32 pm

Seems to be a broken feature for me, or I could be wrong (someone correct me if I am). But from my understanding, Scale Lights changes the value of all Lights, but it only touches one specific value, which is LightBrightness under LightColor and that's it. That makes no sense to me, if it was called a "Scale Lights" feature, it should account for more things such as LightRadius, or even LightCone. I can't think of a scenario where I would make use this feature, it would be very rare if I ever need it. The Percentage Scale seems to be broken as well, because it cannot accept negative values.
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image

Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie » Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:44 pm

Never have used it nor I cant't imagine under witch circumstances I'd do. For testing color and brightness of a group of lights (in tunnels, shafts, skyzone ...) I use either the GROUP property or sub classes.
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett

sektor2111
Godlike

Post by sektor2111 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:06 pm

That thing looks operational somehow, it scales lights percent based, or by matching a given value - a geometry rebuild looks needed. Values can be decreased using "-Value" or increased using "Value". It seems to operate lights that are selected.