DM-SniperTownDepot2022

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
browndl
Skilled

DM-SniperTownDepot2022

Post by browndl »

OjitroC asked me if I was considering updating my map Sniper Town Depot. At first I thought perhaps there were already too many versions of it out there. But... He planted the idea in my head and after revisiting it and seeing just how bad it was, I had to go through and try to fix some of its issues. So, here we are.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2djd8f1o5bl3h ... 2.zip?dl=1

** 8/30/22 I changed the file. I apologize for the hassle but I had neglected to delete my builder box and some items in it and wanted to clean that up. This is the only edit I expect unless there surfaces some glaring error. **

There will probably be a thousand reports generated by the map checker thing, which I have not been able to get to function just yet. But I have played several bot matches on it and the bots at masterful and above go and do everything I ask them to do (if they want to). They do not go to the rooftops of some of the roofs, nor do they reach the redeemers on the tops of the green buildings, but I did not path them there. A camper sniper needs some perches to hide on.

Here is a youtube video.

And screenies. As always comments welcome.
Attachments
Shot00009.png
Shot00008.png
Shot00007.png
Shot00005.png
Shot00002.png
Shot00001.png
Shot00000.png
Last edited by browndl on Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
UTPe
Masterful
Personal rank: Dude

Re: DM-SniperTownDepot2022

Post by UTPe »

DM-SniperTown is one of the most played sniper maps in ut99, a good edit is always welcome ! :)
Personal map database: http://www.ut99maps.net

"These are the days that we will return to one day in the future only in memories." (The Midnight)
browndl
Skilled

Post by browndl »

UTPe wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:01 am DM-SniperTown is one of the most played sniper maps in ut99, a good edit is always welcome ! :)
That is an incredible compliment. Thanks!
UT99 DM-DSKilnWorks3993:DM-DSWashNDry:DM-DSRedDawn:DM-DSBacktoSchool:DM-DSTowerBridge:DM-DSDeadeyeCanyon:DM-DSSectionn8Refinery:DM-DeckardsRevenge:DM-DSStudio:DM-SniperTown:DM-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-Wastelands:DM-TurboGen23:DM-LongForgotten:DOM-Dockside:CTF-enMakhana:CTF-UrbanSniper:CTF-CanyonWars:CTF-DSTowerBridge Unreal Badlands CiderTown UT99 Infiltration DM-INF-MagnumDocksDeluxe:DM-INF-MagnumDocks2:DM-INF-ReturntotheKillingFields:DM-INF-CityStorageLotA][:DM-INF-ColumbianDrugLord:EAS-INF-DS-RailBridge:DM-INF-ACityBlock:CTF-INF-SavageKillersHeadQuarters:CTF-INF-Capital:CTF-INF-ComplexB UT2003/04 DM-PineValley:DM-Koltoff:CTF-PawnsKeep:CTF-Ardimus Rainbow Six RavenShield AlleyStrike
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Yes, really like the way the map has been updated - even more atmospheric and absorbing than before - a great map for slow stealthy hunting interspersed with long-range sniping :gj: