CTFM Bases 2 and 3 not showing up in practice game.

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

CTFM Bases 2 and 3 not showing up in practice game.

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

Does anyone know why flags bases 0 and 1 are the only flags showing up when testing CTFM maps? This only happens if I build the map with the MCTFFlagBase. If I use Botpack.FlagBase all four flag bases are available. My level info is set to default game type Class'MultiCTF.MultiCTFGame'
https://youtu.be/tYsB3eDTx1I
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: CTFM Bases 2 and 3 not showing up in practice game.

Post by OjitroC »

I think that is because MultiCTF uses the Botpack.FlagBase class as the flagbase and replaces their Flags with the MultiCTFFlags - the readme for the gametype says
MCTFFlagBase (Parent is FlagBase). A leftover from previous versions this is here simply to make MultiCTF backwards-comparible with old maps. Don't put any of these in maps.
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

OjitroC wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 8:51 am I think that is because MultiCTF uses the Botpack.FlagBase class as the flagbase and replaces their Flags with the MultiCTFFlags - the readme for the gametype says
MCTFFlagBase (Parent is FlagBase). A leftover from previous versions this is here simply to make MultiCTF backwards-comparible with old maps. Don't put any of these in maps.
Well, that makes sense. If all else fails go back and read the instructions before asking questions :facepalm: . :loool:
Thank you OjitroC.

Automatically merged

I have actually found the culprit. If you set the default game type Class'MultiCTF.MultiCTFGame'm in your level info it will not show team bases 2 and 3 while practicing or testing the map. And it doesn't matter if you are using MultiCTFFlags or Botpack.FlagBase. But if you set the default game type to Class'Botpack.CTFGame' Both base types show up while practicing or testing the map. There is nothing in the readme that I can see about setting the default game to MultiCTFFlags or Botpack.FlagBase.. So at this point, I will be using Class'Botpack.CTFGame'. Does that sound correct? I'm trying to open other CTFM maps and my editor keeps crashing for some reason.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

Are you using the MultiCTF.u or the CTF4.u?
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/169182.html
Can't say why what's not showing without being able to see it.

Did you assign the proper gametype to the map?
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:13 am Are you using the MultiCTF.u or the CTF4.u?
https://unreal-games.livejournal.com/169182.html
Can't say why what's not showing without being able to see it.

Did you assign the proper gametype to the map?
I'm running MultiCTF.u
What is the correct game type? What I found is If you set the default game type Class'MultiCTF.MultiCTFGame'm in your level info it will not show team bases 2 and 3 while practicing or testing the map. And it doesn't matter if you are using MultiCTFFlags or Botpack.FlagBase. But if you set the default game type to Class'Botpack.CTFGame' Both base types show up while practicing or testing the map. When I check out other CTFM maps some of them do not have a game type listed in the level info. I have tried with both game types.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:59 amWhat is the correct game type?
You did select the right one.

Oh, that's the problem! Sorry, I misunderstood... and it's not something that you can necessarily fix in-game.

You need to edit the UnrealTournament.ini file:
1. Once you're in, skim down to [MultiCTF.MultiCTFGame]

2. In there you will find an item "MaxTeams=". You need to set that to MaxTeams=4.

I have this problem all the time, it need to be fixed manually like this... because even when you fix it in-game, it doesn't always take.

There's a window for the MultiCTF gametype that has a field to enter the number of teams in... but it doesn't always work.

Editing UnrealTournament.ini fixes it when that fails... though you may have to change it every so often. If you play standard CTF or the ever so rare CTF3 maps, it tends to reset it.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx
Adept

Post by [NBK]DxTrEm3Fx »

EvilGrins wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 7:49 pm
[NBK]DxTrEm3Fx wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:59 amWhat is the correct game type?
You did select the right one.

Oh, that's the problem! Sorry, I misunderstood... and it's not something that you can necessarily fix in-game.

You need to edit the UnrealTournament.ini file:
1. Once you're in, skim down to [MultiCTF.MultiCTFGame]

2. In there you will find an item "MaxTeams=". You need to set that to MaxTeams=4.

I have this problem all the time, it need to be fixed manually like this... because even when you fix it in-game, it doesn't always take.

There's a window for the MultiCTF gametype that has a field to enter the number of teams in... but it doesn't always work.

Editing UnrealTournament.ini fixes it when that fails... though you may have to change it every so often. If you play standard CTF or the ever so rare CTF3 maps, it tends to reset it.
That worked. Excellent thank you.