CTF-Face Oldish Version (the oldest CTF Face recovered so far)

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

CTF-Face Oldish Version (the oldest CTF Face recovered so far)

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

This is the oldest version (so far and probably for good), of CTF-Face. Please refer to the text file for more information. I hope you enjoy.

FaceOl

Picture:

PS: I wanted to post more UT map conversions but this is the only one I could do in the short and limited time I had, the only one I could finish that is, I do have several WIP ones still. This is how Facing Worlds started (almost). You may find this version a bit rough around the edges, but it is what it is. I do prefer a couple of things in this version over the later. No health pickups or armor so be warned that it will be a little different.

I also am running out of money very fast, since the ko-fi stuff is gone I cannot ask for more. I am in a dire situation and am without money after having to save for the hospital bill, but now I can't pay rent or pay for my stored packages that I have to pickup and some of it contains medical supplies.

Please send me a pm if you could help me somehow, it has to be personal unlike that whole ko-fi business where I had to rely on someone else to set that up (and I said so on other forums quite clearly).
Acoma
Average

Re: CTF-Face Oldish Version (the oldest CTF Face recovered so far)

Post by Acoma »

holy f*ck that is awesome playing this map is like visiting an alternate timeline
is this the map that was used for the menu preview or was that a later version?
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I think that was from the later version like the one included in the 222 beta as it already had that same screenshot in that version (while here most maps don't have any screenshots by default).

Either way, that version I actually ported like around 2009 and it was included within the "forgotten classics bonuspack" thing (that never got fully finished but released anyways).
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

It was called CTF-FacePrime and I was responsible for converting that. For some reason when they released their last version, I got stripped of the credits on the ut 222 map conversions, even though I did most of work on them, including porting those team cannons for the beta as-overlord. I am mentioned in the credits for suggestions and rufx apologizing to me for his outbursts and what not. But he also stripped me of the credit I did work on the maps...

That guy had some issues, I think he was schizophrenic as he also made up stories of the beta versions of unreal he supposedly had which conflicted with (especially now) what we know.

I just don't find it cool at all though. I mean many people think that dm splash was meant to be the way it is there due to his claims of recreating it from his photographic memory and such (including in the second division pack).
Leo(T.C.K.)
Inhuman

Post by Leo(T.C.K.) »

I got PM'd this http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=&s ... rch_mode=f

that is the ctf faceprime separately from the fcbp stuff. I made this one solely (despite only receiving the credit in the forum thread and not in the readme), no alterations after, even the screenshot was mine, though the name was suggested by delacroix afaik or maybe rufx, don't remember.

edit: not sure why it didn't merge the posts, w/e
TaglesMalsto
Novice
Personal rank: RankPrivate

Post by TaglesMalsto »

Leo(T.C.K.) wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:40 pm This is the oldest version (so far and probably for good), of CTF-Face. Please refer to the text file for more information. I hope you enjoy.

FaceOl

Picture:

PS: I wanted to post more UT map conversions but this is the only one I could do in the short and limited time I had, the only one I could finish that is, I do have several WIP ones still. This is how Facing Worlds started (almost). You may find this version a bit rough around the edges, but it is what it is. I do prefer a couple of things in this version over the later. No health pickups or armor so be warned that it will be a little different.

I also am running out of money very fast, since the ko-fi stuff is gone I cannot ask for more. I am in a dire situation and am without money after having to save for the hospital bill, but now I can't pay rent or pay for my stored packages that I have to pickup and some of it contains medical supplies.

Please send me a pm if you could help me somehow, it has to be personal unlike that whole ko-fi business where I had to rely on someone else to set that up (and I said so on other forums quite clearly).
HI
I tested the map on my server and many corrections need to be made, such as adding portals and fixing pathnodes for bots
because when you take the flag it gets stuck on the elevator..
I'm thinking of fixing this version of yours into an improved version, since you don't have much time, when it's ready I'll send a link to this post

I made DM-Deck16 u98 fix version and added by DM-Deck16][ because the author of DmDeck16 found the map incomplete, so I took care of it...   
Auto merged new post submitted 2 minutes later
This map and textures in Unreal98 style, possible to make a version for Unreal98 would be fantastic
Attachments
Immagine2.png
Immagine1.png
TaglesMalsto
Project:
UT99 COMPLETE EDITION [TGML]
Reintegration Unreal1 on UT99 and more Tools...
LIST
Spoiler
- Full Oldskool Amp 2.39
- Unreal98 All Maps for UT99
- UT BonusPacks Skins Fixs

UT99 Servers:
Spoiler
:flag_de: Name: Classic Unreal+UT [TGML] ~ MULTIMODE > Germany
:globe_with_meridians: IP: 163.5.150.58:7777

:flag_de: Name: Classic Unreal+UT [TGML] ~ COOPERATIVE > Germany
:globe_with_meridians: IP: 163.5.150.59:7777

:flag_de: Name: --- ComboGib2 CTF (Grapple) -- Germany --- [TGML]
:globe_with_meridians: IP: 163.5.150.64:7777

:flag_de: Name: DECK16'S ALL WEAPONS U98 [ULTIMATE]
:globe_with_meridians: IP: 163.5.150.65:7777

:flag_de: Name: DECK16'S ALL WEAPONS UT [ULTIMATE]
:globe_with_meridians: IP: 163.5.150.66:7777
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

No necrobumping old threads, also this is a recovered beta version of the map, doesn't need fixing.

-=Locked=-