Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Isotoxin
Adept
Personal rank: Mapper

Re: Screenshots

Post by Isotoxin »

Some bunnytrack WIP.
Some bunnytrack WIP.
Some bunnytrack WIP.
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

oh ... looks cool.
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Apologies for my lack of activity on here, but stuff in real life has been getting in the way lately.

Anyway, here's a screenshot of a map named CTFM-TrinityFalls, that's still a work-in-progress. My plan is for it to be a three-way Multi-CTF map. When I get it finished depends on how much time I have, because again, I have certain things to do in real life before I can sit down and work on these projects.
TrinityFallsWiPShot.jpg
BTW, it's also the first time I've worked on anything involving terrain.

Additionally, while I'm on the subject of Multi-CTF, here's a couple of screenshots of a map I recently made called CTFM-Samira: a four-team CTF map with an Egyptian theme. I've been thinking about releasing it, but I don't know exactly when I will.
SamiraSShot1.jpg
SamiraSShot2.jpg
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

I love it that you try to release maps for custom gametypes like FD and CTFM, they definetly need some more content.
Maps themselves look interesting, good luck and hope all goes well IRL :)
Isotoxin
Adept

Post by Isotoxin »

Some more progress on my BT map, boosted the lightning of the image a bit though.
shot.png
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

Isotoxin wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:22 pm Some more progress on my BT map, boosted the lightning of the image a bit though.

shot.png
That actually looks quite good. Can't wait to see it when it's finished!
Isotoxin
Adept

Post by Isotoxin »

Updated the lighting, still feel like the screenshot doesn't do justice though
Untitled.png
Isotoxin
Adept

Post by Isotoxin »

Some more BunnyTack progress of a collaboration between NuLL and me.

Barbie
Godlike

Post by Barbie »

Isotoxin wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:39 amUpdated the lighting, still feel like the screenshot doesn't do justice though
In my experience all screenshots taken from UT need a gamma correction. See how your screenshots look in my browser:
DarkSS.jpg
"Multiple exclamation marks," he went on, shaking his head, "are a sure sign of a diseased mind." --Terry Pratchett
Berserker
Experienced

Post by Berserker »

PrinceOfFunky wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:34 pm Image
Is this playable?
Visit us on Discord:
https://discord.gg/fcRakgNCjR Image
PrinceOfFunky
Godlike

Post by PrinceOfFunky »

Berserker wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:25 pm
PrinceOfFunky wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:34 pm Image
Is this playable?
It can, but the polygons are not triangulated so they don't curve. Also I didn't move the actors to match the new shape, and the textures are not applied.
Attachments
CTF-Face_Blender1.unr
(1.33 MiB) Downloaded 14 times
"Your stuff is known to be buggy and unfinished/not properly tested"
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

More work done on CTFM-TrinityFalls.

This is one of the rooms in the team base.
Shot00038.png
This is an underwater passageway that connects the flag area to the room shown in the screenshot above.
Shot00039.png
Here's a sniper ledge in the area where the team's flag is.
Shot00040.png
The central area of the team base...
Shot00041.png
...and finally, what will eventually be the central area between the three teams.
Shot00042.png
So yeah, as you see, more progress has been made, but I might still make some aesthetic improvements to the map as well as add some finishing touches before I consider releasing it.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

MetalFist updated the links on a post of his so I can finalize a UTDM edit · viewtopic.php?p=31348

I had already edited the BETA version, but looking forward to more full on teamplay as that one had somewhat restricted where bots could go, final version has full access.

Added: Okay, maybe not.

Ran a bot game, bots didn't seem to be going anywhere new they didn't in the BETA. Ran it again with only 1 bot, and not once did it go anywhere near the flag.

So I followed the apples:

There's more than enough in the flag room but the areas leading to the map room show a significant less number of apples, like with the main stairway into that area.

Obviously the map will play well with human players, and my just playing against bots is enough of a challenge to get the flag and make it back to my own base... but the bots on the other team never go after my flag, which reduces the challenge level more than a bit. Fun overall and beautiful, but if the other team can't make it to the flag it's kinda one-sided.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:56 am MetalFist updated the links on a post of his so I can finalize a UTDM edit · viewtopic.php?p=31348
The larger of the two maps at that link is the same size and date as the original 2011 map and so IS the original, unaltered map.

Perhaps the path(s) to the unreachable flag are not two way paths?

For FlagBase0
sektor's MapGarbage wrote:Specs: ___________________________________________
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[0]=15 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode88 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=529
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode88.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase0 to point 0 which means InventorySpot55
Specs: ___________________________________________
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[0]=10 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode47 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=861
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode47.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[1]=14 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode76 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=526
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode76.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase0 to point 1 which means InventorySpot13
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[1]=11 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode58 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=854
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode58.
Specs: FlagBase0 - Paths[2]=17 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode92 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=94
Connected: FlagBase0 to PathNode92.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase0 to point 2 which means InventorySpot12
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[2]=18 ->FlagBase0 --->InventorySpot28 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=433
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to InventorySpot28.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase0 to point 3 which means InventorySpot11
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[3]=16 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode91 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=964
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode91.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase0 to point 4 which means InventorySpot10
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[4]=12 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode62 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=526
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode62.
NoReachFrom: FlagBase0 to point 5 which means InventorySpot9
Specs: FlagBase0 - PrunedPaths[5]=13 ->FlagBase0 --->PathNode72 RFlags=Walk =1 Dist=523
ShortcutConnected: FlagBase0 to PathNode72.

:
Specs: No NavigationPoint heads to FlagBase0as shown in list. If a route passes through, it won't be usable.
General points to note and address:
sektor's MapGarbage wrote:UnReachableNodes: FlagBase0 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: FlagBase1 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: PathNode187 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: PathNode110 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: PathNode133 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot31 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot32 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot33 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot34 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot35 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot36 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot37 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot38 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot39 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot40 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot41 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot42 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot43 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot44 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot45 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot46 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot47 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot48 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot49 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: InventorySpot50 looks much over ground for normal Human Size, check it
UnReachableNodes: Here we have 0 points skipped, 25 Navigation Points which are too high and 356 good ones.

CTFReport: --- Reporting AlternatePaths setup: ---
CTFReport: For Team 0 = 6 pieces.
CTFReport: For Team 1 = 5 pieces.

VoidCheck: --- Void placement report ---
VoidCheck: Light19 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Light31 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Light32 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Light116 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Light117 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Light118 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: SpecialEvent0 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: Boulder6 looks placed into void.
VoidCheck: 8 actors look placed into void, check those.

NumReachSpecs: ---------------------------------------
NumReachSpecs: This map has 1364 ReachSpecs shown as direct paths in Navigation Network.
NumReachSpecs: Also this map has 1783 ReachSpecs as shortcuts aka PrunedPaths in Navigation Network.
NumReachSpecs: These are not visible in Editor but they are used by Pawns.
NumReachSpecs: After calculation we have 3147 ReachSpecs.
NumReachSpecs: Technically this map is overloaded and this is not that healthy for A.I.
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 11:21 amThe larger of the two maps at that link is the same size and date as the original 2011 map and so IS the original, unaltered map.
I noticed that, the other was an adaptation for something called "RocketBoost" that I'm unfamiliar with. I think he updated pathing in that one but left the original as is.

I may submit the UTDM one I made to Higor's pathing request thread. MetalFist PM'd me and he says working bot-pathing is really not his thing.
Metalfist wrote:Sat May 30, 2020 7:40 amMaking bots work properly has always been a nightmare in UED. I wouldn't know how to fix it.
Be a shame too because the UTDMW & UTDMT on that map color-wise really work well there.
Attachments
Shot0008.png
Shot0006.png
Shot0005.png
Shot0001.png
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758