Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
OjitroC
Godlike

Re: Screenshots

Post by OjitroC »

EvilGrins wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:40 pm Be a shame too because the UTDMW & UTDMT on that map color-wise really work well there.
Yes, the colours do go well with the team colours in the map.
EvilGrins wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 3:40 pm I may submit the UTDM one I made to Higor's pathing request thread. MetalFist PM'd me and he says working bot-pathing is really not his thing.

Perhaps I should give her the chance to come back on this but I would point out that Metalfist is female.
Forum|User
Experienced

Post by Forum|User »

MH-[ASLY]-BiohazardWorks - (WIP)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

DM-[ASLY]-Egypt-Morpheus - (WIP)

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
OjitroC
Godlike

Post by OjitroC »

Forum|User wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:59 pm
MH-[ASLY]-BiohazardWorks - (WIP)
DM-[ASLY]-Egypt-Morpheus - (WIP)
Those look pretty cool - I seem to remember seeing them before a while ago now?
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Post by FraGnBraG »

Nice work :tu: the desert sky in that Egyptian map turned out nicely :wink:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
EvilGrins
Godlike
Personal rank: God of Fudge

Post by EvilGrins »

OjitroC wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:25 pmI seem to remember seeing them before a while ago now?
You have, they're from ASLY... he was for a stretch sending them directly to me via PM and asking me to post them to the forum.
http://unreal-games.livejournal.com/
medor wrote:Replace Skaarj with EvilGrins :mrgreen:
Smilies · viewtopic.php?f=8&t=13758
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Oh my old win XP PC might go kaput after playing those beuties! Wow!

@ASLY reveal yourself so that we can say a job well done for ya in person, damnit! :P
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Because on some map edits I do the ground is not far enough below to guarantee whoever falls over the side dies, and I'm no good at setting up killzones thus far, I've been compensating with monsters.

It's especially bad when whoever falls over the side has the flag.... so my most recent idea has been to attach tentacles under the raised area and jack up their health and change their projectiles to redeemers.

Works pretty good, for the most part.
Attachments
Shot0079.png
Shot0068.png
Shot0051.png
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

I recently got more work done on CTF3-TrinityFalls. One change I made is this new sniper ledge, located within the area where the flag is located:
Shot00008.png
Additionally, here are some screenshots of a remake I've been working on of CTF-Starscream, an older map of mine. The basic layout will mostly be the same, except for two additional paths into the flag room.

Flag room:
Shot00004.png
Area just outside the flag room:
Shot00005.png
What will eventually be the central area:
Shot00006.png
Staircase to a room under the central area (might change it later):
Shot00007.png
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
Pikko
Skilled
Personal rank: Old ClanMan

Post by Pikko »

DM-Thorne][ , fun to play. ;-)Image
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

I never crossed paths with Salley Death, by the time I found forums she had already moved on, but I do enjoy her maps.

Today I updated DM-Bunny-Rabbit-Stew, because the map has the one problem that "Henry" can die... and afterwards the map isn't as fun... so I replaced him with a UTDMT, borrowed Henry's skin and transferred his sounds.

Had to increase his size, and I'm seriously considering re-skinning his shirt and coveralls... debating if I wanna request a fix to the map's pathing or just leave it as is.

Added the title "Henry's Revenge" because even with the thrown boulders removed, Henry is kicking some serious ass now!
Attachments
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzClip0001.png
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Updated Henry's wardrobe a bit.
Attachments
Shot0146.png
Koolflux
Experienced

Post by Koolflux »

After coming out of my temporary retirement, I recently re-downloaded UT. I'm pretty much starting from scratch now, because when I deleted it from my computer, I also deleted all the custom maps I had been working on for it.

Anyway, when it comes to mapping, I have a thing for mapping for custom gametypes like Flag Domination, MultiCTF/CTF4, et cetera. So here's some screenshots of a Jailbreak map I've been working on. I haven't thought of a name for the map yet.

Here's the central team base area...
Shot00001.png
Here's the jail switch...
Shot00002.png
The door to the jail...
Shot00003.png
And lastly, the jail room itself.
Shot00004.png
Still trying to think of a way to execute a team once they are captured by the winning team.
"I am the Alpha and the Omega." ~Xan Kriegor
EvilGrins
Godlike

Post by EvilGrins »

Been spending the bulk of the day doing CTF-HallOfGiants over in basic Drakk.
Attachments
Shot0055.png
Shot0053.png
Diego_HoF
Experienced
Personal rank: HoF Admin

Post by Diego_HoF »

Well, long time i don´t post here and kinda want to return to Unreal Editor after version 469 and some changes but i still need to find inspiration for a new map, so for now i am just changing textures for my maps refelcting my style, for now, i am on the works on one with the map warehouse, if some remember, when i was creating the map some said it was reminding them to a Quake 2 stage, well with this textures now will feel like one, stil WIP will see what i change in the layout of the boxes.

Zeddy_Ryan
Novice

Post by Zeddy_Ryan »

I've had nothing else going on in my life for a few weeks. Literally nothing else, I've been at home all day every day doing two main things:

1) learning UnrealScript so I could write a mutator that lets me record (in a config file) ideal player counts for individual maps, so that whenever I start a match the mutator automatically sets the number of bots based on the data in the config file, and

2) learning UnrealEd while making my first map. I was hoping to be finished by the time my job starts (tomorrow, Jan. 18) but I didn't quite make it all the way. But I'm so close, and I will still have some free time to work on this map, despite my job. I'm almost ready to release a "beta" version of the map, and I will in a few days once I deal with the most obvious problems. But for now, I've attached some screenshots to this post.

The map is tentatively called DM-Substrate. I haven't checked if someone's already made a map with this name.