Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman
Personal rank: BANANAS

Re: Screenshots

Post by --=PsyXandeR=-- »

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee28 ... Wallp1.jpg

Not really a map will be eventually used in a map. Have to sort out lights out as they look ugly right now and add some supports all over the place. :tongue: What do you guys think?

___ EDIT : Have finished the texture.
Attachments
Wallp12.jpg
[did]Madis
Adept
Personal rank: カニはとても美味しい

Post by [did]Madis »

Well, its a texture.

:D
Support Nuclear Races by visiting our ModDB profile
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Yep I know it is a texture...

I decided to put small map together showing off what I've got so far. I will use them in a bit more serious map when I got enough material to work with. :tongue:
Attachments
Textures1.jpg
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Something tells me you could make excellent serious sam FE egypt like textures . . .
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Ehm why?
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Don`t know, maybe because of the use of colours and the slight comic look.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

Looks very oldschool indeed.
--=PsyXandeR=--
Inhuman

Heh, that's only because those texes are only good for Recycle Bin... and my crap map. :tongue: I got couple of trims done; I still have to make em tile properly. If anyone cares to use them ( doubt anyone would want to use crap in their maps but who knows ) , I will upload the package later on when I got something something more definite shapin up.
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

[youtube]t0Ktf3kGHTo[/youtube]

Not a screenshot but yeah..
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Nice ...reminde me on WipeOut 2097!!!
But... is the Map a racing project?
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Extension for this strangelove thingy? Looks interesting.
About to be non-active
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

Creavion wrote:Extension for this strangelove thingy? Looks interesting.
A mod currently work-in-progress for SLV. The mod author has an excellent idea and an already working beta (alpha?) of it, but it's been stalled for years as I've heard and he's reluctant of announcing it just yet.

After trying the beta online, I realized it has huge potential, though, and the mod's basic gameplay could be expanded enormously by just adding simple features into the maps in UnrealED, so I decided to make a couple of maps for it to encourage the author to finish and release it. So far he likes : )
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

So its a racing mod indeed? Do you have to shoot others while you are riding this rocket? (Racing - Deathmatch?). Can the rocket be accelated anywise?

For some reasons Star wars episode 1 racer from the n64 comes into my mind now^^
About to be non-active
[did]Madis
Adept

Post by [did]Madis »

Creavion wrote:So its a racing mod indeed?
For some reasons Star wars episode 1 racer from the n64 comes into my mind now^^
I get a lot of personal inspiration from Wipeout and Carmageddon series

The original mod was SLV only (of course, the YJ submachine gun is included), but I'm aiming towards combining SLV with regular weapons. Something that won't destroy the balance, e.g. Pulse Gun, Shock Rifle, Rocket Launcher... Maybe the flak, perhaps a sniper.

I think the mod will be a lot more accessible than SLV arena with either CTF or BR is, simply because there's not that much actual SLV combat involved. Sure there'll be some, but just racing the rocket will hopefully be easy enough for most and perhaps even attract more people into the BR/CTF slv scene.

Getting a player base will most likely not be a problem - the SLV servers are well integrated with Universal Unreal and Game Billboard broadcasts news straight from ut-slv.com's server to the ingame servers. Even without advertising, putting it up on my own clan's server would be sufficient to introduce the mod to many players simply because we get a lot of traffic.

I'm planning on creating several 'themed' maps - Huxley will be SLV+weapons themed, a planned thorough visual remake of CTF-Roadracer would be more back-to-the-roots SLV (it'd involve more SLV combat and not that much, if any regular weapons), and a third, industrial themed map which I plan to clutter with all kinds of environment hazards/boosts such as shortcuts, triggerable turrets that will attack enemies behind you, mover traps, and so on.

Hopefully, along the road, we'll find more people willing to contribute more maps for it's first public release.

EDIT:
Do you have to shoot others while you are riding this rocket? (Racing - Deathmatch?). Can the rocket be accelated anywise?
To answer your questions -
No, you don't have to shoot other players if you don't wish. If you think you're a decent enough pilot then you can just stick to flying and avoid the action. Of course, that doesn't mean your opponents will behave likewise. I'm sure however that the final version will be sufficiently configurable to meet any server admin's wishes. (bot support is unlikely, at least I think so. I guess we'll find out soon).
Secondly, the SLV204 has a feature called boost. Classic SLV only had basic acceleration that moves up to 20 m/s and an afterburner that boosts speed up to 30 m/s, though making it harder to steer and burning up more fuel. Fuel can be obtained from fuel cores that replace normal weapon ammo in the game (provided it's SLV arena mutator, can't say for sure about SLV redeemer replacement only mutator). The SLV 204 boost feature allows you to burn trough an entire reserve fuel core to get a short, 3-4 second speed boost accelerating you up to 40 m/s, which is something that will be enormously useful in a mod like this. I'll lay out fuel cores and other stuff that require some extra effort to acquire all over the map, so there's a risk/reward option when the player wants to get an upper hand on their opponent.
Slave
Experienced

Post by Slave »

Here's some WIP I started today:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/6856/maphs.jpg

Lighting is for testing purposes yet. :)
Aces Clan - Unreal Tournament Clan Forums
http://www.portalaces.com/clan/