Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Sp0ngeb0b
Adept

Re: Screenshots

Post by Sp0ngeb0b »

Since you guys are talking about 2D maps, here are some screens of a DoodleJump BT map I created some time ago. Not sure whether I'll ever gonna finish it though ...
Doodle1.jpg
Doodle2.jpg
Doodle3.jpg
Doodle4.jpg
Includes full sound support.
Website, Forum & UTStats

Nexgen Server Controller || My plugins & mods on GitHub
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

I remember having the priviledge of trying that map out, it was a f*cking blast, you ought to release it one of these days, the concept is awsome :mrgreen: :tu:
FraGnBraG
Inhuman
Personal rank: Good news everyone!

Re: 6 Screenshots, 5 attachments max ... FAIL

Post by FraGnBraG »

very nice stuff creav :gj: watch this one boys and girls - this is an artist at work :rock:
-=FraGnBraG Level Design=- ***UPDATED! even works on your phone!***
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: 6 Screenshots, 5 attachments max ... FAIL

Post by Creavion »

FraGnBraG wrote:very nice stuff creav :gj: watch this one boys and girls - this is an artist at work :rock:
It is CREV (only valid and acceptable shortcut), but thanks a lot. :tongue:
I hope it won`t disappoint at the end. I am already scared of bsp bug fixing. >_>
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
ASLY

Post by ASLY »

Hahaha i like this phone game, nice work :gj:
After finish your work, post the download link please :D
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

Zwischenablage-3.jpg
I hope the engine does not screw with me later, it is some kind of risk to do something like that, although the complete thing is rather low poly.
At some places you can see "test players", which are supposed to show the scale of the level. Furthermore the pathways have a width of 192 WE and the canopys will be meshes later. And, additional foilage stuff needs to be done later as well. Anything and everything based on stock texture content, so mostly UnrealShare, GenFX, GenEarth, GenTerra, NaliCast.
About to be non-active
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

interesting... very interesting indeed! :)
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

It is done by me, it only can be interesting. :confused2:

Just kidding... :mrgreen:
Reason why I cut the branches is the following: I am using 227i dev build 8 to render the map later, since meshes are able to throw shadows on base of the POLYGONS. So unlike all of my previous jungle themed stuff, this will have shadows for sure. Actually I wanted to test out, if the new dark lights (lights "producing" darkness/the opposite of lights) would work for UT as well, but I did not get any newer dev, since it looks like I have been banned as tester (not kidding, I am serious). But I do not care at all... everybody gets what they deserve, sooner or later (I do not even need to have a hand in the matter) :tongue:
About to be non-active
editor Dave
Inhuman
Personal rank: Passionate SP Mapper

Post by editor Dave »

Wow, you made great progress in modelling! The only thing that bothers me are the dark edges around the "leaf sheets". That reminds of the nice, old UT bug that can't display his trees properly...

Black lights? According to your lighting tutorial, of which you gave me the link the other day, they already exist in the editor...
10-Year Anniversary on Jun 08, 2019.
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

editor Dave wrote:Wow, you made great progress in modelling! The only thing that bothers me are the dark edges around the "leaf sheets". That reminds of the nice, old UT bug that can't display his trees properly...

Black lights? According to your lighting tutorial, of which you gave me the link the other day, they already exist in the editor...
Black lights: No, they don`t. I am talking about dots new dark lights, which work as "subtractive lights" instead of the usual "normal lights". E.g. with brightness of 100, you reduce the lighting at the selected spot (light radius, you know...) for about 100 (works even with ZoneLight). The other thing you are talking about are just lights which do not light the bsp, instead only meshes. Two different things.

The modelling stuff: Well... the tree branches are based on the Tree1 mesh from unrealshare, I simply exported it as obj file and edited as like seen on the picture, here and there a litle bit scaling. The level itself also could be done in the editor as well, but it would take a lot of more time, A VERY LOT MORE TIME. I guess you like the picture more because of the ambience. :mrgreen:

The black stuff on the leafes: Sigh... obviously this is mask later anyway! Remember, I have no plans with changing of any texture. I only cut here and there because of the later mesh shadows (shadow cast).

I already knew with the Kamah tree stuff how to outsmart the engine. Meshmaker: Simply set the bsp surfaces which are supposed to be mask with the poly flag Mask (surprise?) before you make the prefabs, and by setting the mask texture during import to mask as well, the shit always works then! Take a look at Kamah if you do not believe me, you should not be able to find any plant or tree with that mask display bug. Even if I can not change the original textures here, I am very sure, the poly flag Mask on the corresponding bsp surfaces is the most important factor to make them working correctly.

Edit: Ooook, I still have access on the newer devs, so whatever, howeer the dark lights are not usable outside of 227. They simply get converted to regular ones. :sad2:
About to be non-active
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Creavion wrote:
editor Dave wrote: Edit: Ooook, I still have access on the newer devs, so whatever, howeer the dark lights are not usable outside of 227. They simply get converted to regular ones. :sad2:
They really don't like UT... :(
Isotoxin
Adept

Post by Isotoxin »

Isotoxin wrote:This will be a II-Bunnytrack map. (II stands for teammap, 2 player map. Means you need 2 players to be able to cap.)

First zone/Spawn, I know, The lighting needs rework. But, I'm paying more attention on the game-play at the moment.

First room inside :

I'm quite happy about it already. I hope I can release in a month or two.

Oh, yeh I'll also be making another skybox, so don't worry bout that.

Well, I was cleaning my mapfolder, And I decided to keep working on this map, Although I gave it a new, fresh look, Special thanks to Crev for the awesome textures, And, If someone would give me some tips on how to lit a real big outdoor zone (first SS.), It will be appreciated.

(sorry for the F*cked up screenshots, my internet is F*ucked up, kinda makes me tired...)
Saya-chan
Adept
Personal rank: Former UT99 modder

Post by Saya-chan »

Ahhh.... I've always wanted to use subtractive lights. They'd give some nice effects to some maps (and weapons, even) :D
  ~♥~ Bless the Cute Emperor ~♥~
Creavion
Godlike

Post by Creavion »

The textures are NOT MINE, they are mostly from UT2004 and Unreal 2. AFAIK I have not even done any real edits on them. At that time I barely had any texture editing knowledge^^
And while I am looking on the screenshots, I remember I also used some less textures from the Far Cry AGM, mostly foilage stuff. LOL, so freaking bad, I could do it so much better nowadays. :mrgreen:
Saya-chan wrote:Ahhh.... I've always wanted to use subtractive lights. They'd give some nice effects to some maps (and weapons, even) :D
Without a mirracle you won`t see them at all. They do not work for UT at all . I can not say it often enough: Unreal vs UT = Better Engine vs Content and Community size!
About to be non-active
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

looks nice iso ;) but the lighting need some works i guess
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission