Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Higor
Godlike

Re: Screenshots

Post by Higor »

Not bad for a 200 poly brush (merged coplanars).

This has a lot of potential...
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

^ Not bad at all indeed. Are you going to make it drive-able or so in one of your maps? That would be interesting.
Wises
Godlike
Personal rank: ...

Post by Wises »

just in conversations with kris who seems to be making some pretty impressive maps at present

here is one of his latest SLV maps that he is working on.

papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

Nice ...I like this texture pack (one of my favorite)
It looks pretty open spaced, but I think this is pretty common in the SLV game type, right?
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

Looks decent only for a UT1 Tech map, surely above-average. However if your map has a lot of polys, you`ll reach the node limit most likely very soon. If you use less polys or you`ll even follow the "path of the low poly mapper", then the textures have to radiate a permanent impression at the latest. Very likely the map would look more impressive by using UT2004 or Unreal 2 textures for instance. It is really simply hard to create something really impressive these days with stock content only. I dare to say this might only work in nostalgia cases.

But creating maps on request in return of money? In the morals department highly questionable. After all these years I mean to see something like that for the first time ever. I think money and modding on base of a certain game does not belong together. It would be something different through if "you" would create generic content e.g. for a game engine (UDK, Cryengine, ...).
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Creavion wrote: But creating maps on request in return of money? In the morals department highly questionable. After all these years I mean to see something like that for the first time ever. I think money and modding on base of a certain game does not belong together. It would be something different through if "you" would create generic content e.g. for a game engine (UDK, Cryengine, ...).
Isn't it also illegal? Because of Epic's EULA... regarding this discussion http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4428

(no EULA discussion in this thread here)
Metalfist
Masterful
Personal rank: ^,..,^ rawr

Post by Metalfist »

he's not asking money for the map itself, he's asking money for the time he puts into it (working hours).
Feralidragon
Godlike
Personal rank: Work In Progress

Post by Feralidragon »

Metalfist wrote:he's not asking money for the map itself, he's asking money for the time he puts into it (working hours).
^ Pretty much.
He's talking about custom requests, just the effort to make them come true. Although I know exactly why he's doing this, so it doesn't surprise me that he's purposely advertising that in his map description.
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Post by Creavion »

I know, I pretty much meant this. Regardless of whether he is getting paid before or after that. The only point is he can earn money with an activity only considered as a hobby here.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Strange ... you can't earn money by selling your map ...but if you rename your offer to "I sell the time I worked on it" then you can...

Really strange.

But anyway ...the map looks very cool.
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

edit: ok scrap that.. I have no idea what I was talking about.
soz..age..s
Last edited by Wises on Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:03 am, edited 10 times in total.
papercoffee
Godlike

Post by papercoffee »

Can you please keep your "off topic" to a minimum ...This is a screenshot thread for WIP maps.
Your first post about this SLV map was great ...but your second post is a little bit exaggerated.
Higor
Godlike

Post by Higor »

Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking when i offered myself to bot path this map a fellow just made.

This thing has launch pads and lots of jump/transloc routes. (plus 2 boosters combo)

EDIT: I even coded some into mylevel a nice lift-jump kicker that takes jumpZ plus lift velocity, and only triggers when the lift goes up for all kinds of AI pawns.
Attachments
UnrealPark.jpg
Wises
Godlike

Post by Wises »

woah.. what the hell kinda 2player map is that m8 :D jajaja.

looks more complex then trying find a bug in a 4000 line program built on a zxspectrum

so you figgured out how to do the liftjump thing aye? awesome.. I assume that mappers would need to place actors into maps to trigger these events?

perhaps you could do a revised version of our infamous deck16 map with actors/triggers installed.. man that would be awesome.. also.. theres a couple of pathong problems in deck as you must know.. most obvious ones are the loopty-loop by the stairs and mini ammo... and the running-man near the belt.. also the bots are scared of the bottom tele.. to the deemer for some reason..

^_^ Good work btw.
UnrealGGecko
Godlike
Personal rank: GEx the Gecko

Post by UnrealGGecko »

Wises wrote: perhaps you could do a revised version of our infamous deck16 map with actors/triggers installed.. man that would be awesome.. also.. theres a couple of pathong problems in deck as you must know.. most obvious ones are the loopty-loop by the stairs and mini ammo... and the running-man near the belt.. also the bots are scared of the bottom tele.. to the deemer for some reason..

^_^ Good work btw.
Wises, instead of requesting another deck16 remake, why don't you please take a look at the hundreds of remakes that already been done to it!
Just once I want to see a DM-Grinder or DM-Stalwart remake :wth:

I agree with that "good work" sentence though :rock: