Screenshots

Tutorials and discussions about Mapping - Introduce your own ones!
Creavion
Godlike
Personal rank: About to be non-act.

Re: Screenshots

Post by Creavion »

GenMoKai wrote:Owke... that looks just really really really cool!!! I want to see it in the editor! :D give me a feeling of FarCry as well
-jungle :tongue: :mrgreen: :ironic:

Yearh, is a neat small effect.
About to be non-active
My very last UT map project: CTF-FacePalm (tropical CTF-Face remake)
Why do I leave? click here
What I want to do next: Joining an UDK team (uncertain however) and improve 3D modelling and texture editing skills
Thanks to those who visibly supported me until/at the end!
My reactivated account on indiedb.com.
>@tack!<
Adept
Personal rank: lol?

Post by >@tack!< »

i was also thinking of farcry :)
SzGergo
Skilled

Post by SzGergo »

GenMoKai wrote:Owke... that looks just really really really cool!!! I want to see it in the editor! :D give me a feeling of FarCry as well
I hope i will release the first, DM version soon. (That map is to be the smallest). Though, this lighting was designed for a assault version. :) the DM is intended to have a dusk setting, so there is some more work with the lighting ahead. After that comes bot-pathing, and a some testing. Also, an elevator room and a smaller room are still nowhere yet. I am also planning to create some more foliage, and some more meshes for plants. If i keep not being lazy, i shall be ready in, let's say, Juli.

Actualy, the concept at the begining was trying out new thing that i learned or found, such as the googlesketchup-to-brush converter, or some new textures i made just for fun. After that sketchup stuff turned out to be realy cool, a plan came into my mind, after that an even bigger and more complex plan came into my mind of making a map pack, so i started to make sketches, versions, and started to elaborate the whole stuff. Btw i did not like farcry too much, struggling in the same jungle for days made me bored and unsatisfied after a while.
Actualy i think half-life games influenced me a lot, they are just so cool, i love how artistic those games are. I think i take a lot of ideas from there :)
papercoffee wrote:This reminds me of the sun effect of True-Combat ... very cool ... I want this actor too.
I asked Revelation yesterday for that actor in the "coronas" topic :)
irridium77
Novice
Personal rank: Bunnytrack mapper

Post by irridium77 »

Wow at your map zsergo :o
Are all those visual actors i've read about finished?

now i'm scared to post something i'm working on..

Thats a pack with shroom brushes or meshes* and textures " "about 20 so far" sterns, gills and mostly psychedelic caps...
I'm having a hard time creating a natural looking mushroom texture in photoshop... and can't seem to find alot of good stuff (help?)

Grtz
GenMoKai
Godlike
Personal rank: Mapper

Post by GenMoKai »

Well the mushrooms looks pretty cool, but it would be better to export them to an mesh ;) brush are harder to light, and cost more polygons and stuff (and will lower the performance) So what help do you need exactly? If you want some realistic mushrooms, just check for google and shrooms/mushrooms ;)
EAT THOSE FRIGGIN BANANAS !!!!!
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
irridium77
Novice

Post by irridium77 »

I also prefer to release them as meshes... But will it work if i want to allow the user to texture the separate parts of the shroom as he likes?
Is this the multiskin option in the mesh display properties? How does it work?

Grtz
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

it really depent on tool your gonna use... If its "Meshmaker" its easy, you can use up to 9 textures or something... it will do everything automatic if im correct
1000 MPH Studios MAY NOT play any ut99.org community mappack 2 map without George W. Bush explicit permission
irridium77
Novice

Post by irridium77 »

i will check this program out thx!

Edit:
Works perfectly! Thq
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

Just some shots of a Steampunk-style. map I'm working on ATM. The top is the Skybox, viewed through orange glass (Although the skybox is pretty orange too)
ClockworkParadiseSSHOTS.png
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

Hmmm that orange one is strange... but somewhat also cool :) but i think you used a LOT of orange lights in there...

And im thinking what that mover should be... looks awkard, but the shots looks cool
zacman
Adept
Personal rank: M-M-M-MONSTER KILL

Post by zacman »

GenMoKai wrote:Hmmm that orange one is strange... but somewhat also cool :) but i think you used a LOT of orange lights in there...

And im thinking what that mover should be... looks awkard, but the shots looks cool
The Orange one is actually orange glass, it's the view of the Skybox Clocktower through the ceiling window :lol2: The glass makes it look orange. The Mover is a clockwork rotating platform, 2 paths at the top, 1 at the bottom, like this:

T
O---

When it turns, the platforms you can access change.

I DID use a fair few orange lights in a column going down from the ceiling, to light the room, since it's the main light source (The window's about 1024x1024 in size) But the rest of the room isn't shown since it isn't really done.
Image[url=steam://friends/add/76561198048595886]Image[/url]
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

:loool: A very old Map of mine ...and the most embarrassing it was fun to play. I wonder why.
The Rocket only Map DM-Gangwar-Insane-Cross with jump-match
Insane-Cross.png
Maybe I try a remake to make it beautiful ...just for Lolz.
GenMoKai
Godlike

Post by GenMoKai »

No comment :P

How old was that map then? cause my first ones just looked like that
UT Sniper (SJA94)
Inhuman
Personal rank: Retard

Post by UT Sniper (SJA94) »

That looks like the type maps i played on an instagib sever before it went down :mad2: indeed thoes type of maps are fun for instagib and rocket i think i should start a map a first proper 1 without hallway room hallway room layout. People like different types of maps to play so you could have people saying they love it and people saying they hate it Like CTF-Face or CTF-Woot
papercoffee
Godlike
Personal rank: coffee addicted !!!

Post by papercoffee »

:ironic: don't know really ...must be the 4th map I made ...because some friend complained I should try a much simpler map.
First was this map named after this friend but I renamed it and re-textured it... sometimes I use this map to test bot behaviour.